1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Ten2 extension

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by klem.gote, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. klem.gote

klem.gote

Jan 18, 2009
    New England
    Bass Player
    So I just got a Ten2 extension cab. Nice little cab, still playing around with it. I'm curious, do most of leave it flat or tilted back? And I'm not sure about the controls on the back, Room Coupling control and Teeter Attenuator. Any feedback on your experiences would be great, thanks!!!

2. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    Rick Jones describes the controls and tilt-back feature in one or more of these videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AcousticImageAmps

3. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    I use my Ten2 extension this way: on hard surfaces I don't use the stand; on plywood or hollow stages I reduce the output of the bottom speaker; on carpet I use the tilt stand; I have never used the tweeter attenuation feature because I can't hear the difference on my bass.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I turn the tweeter off and don't bother with the Room Coupling.

Until you mentioned it I didn't even know it had a tilt stand! I usually stack my Coda on top anyway.

5. klem.gote

klem.gote

Jan 18, 2009
    New England
    Bass Player

6. klem.gote

klem.gote

Jan 18, 2009
    New England
    Bass Player
    Hi. I've turned the tweeter on and off and really haven't noticed a difference, though I haven't used it in many different locations yet. I guess I won't worry much about them, maybe just play around a little more. Thanks!!

7. Pat Harris

Pat Harris Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    The tweeter is noticeable (or more noticeable) when playing bass guitar, guitar, violin, keys, etc, through the Ten2. There's just not a ton of content in the range it covers that gets produced by the DB, and I've never felt a tweeter necessary to get a great UB tone through the cab.

I always run the "room coupling" control wide open. Even if the combo is put in a corner or on a boomy stage, I prefer to ride the HPF to get rid of the mud, while still having the output of the two speakers.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021