Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tengo una problema........................

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slapper3, Sep 16, 2001.

1. slapper3

slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    Ok, I want to buy something that with even out my low tones qhen I slap to the high pops......so I thought compressor......and I want to buy an effect that will gimme something like a les claypool overdrive in jerry was a race car driver or his other songs with overdrive in it....I i thought the SansAmp bass driver would be nice but then I saw the tech 21 comptortion....I thought this was what I needed.....but that's for guitar right? Will it work for a bass? does anyone use this? I really want a wooly mammoth but holy cow! 270! dear lord! that's highway frickin robbery! dang it...unless anyone wants to donate me one.....haha..

2. I'd rather get a rack compressor (dbx166) for my set you have more control then the pedals, Les used a modified guitar preamp in his earlier days that what he used for distortion but now the company that made it went bankrupt and aren't in buisness any more.