Tennesee Bass Company ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimibrix, Sep 21, 2006.

1. jimibrix

jimibrix

Sep 20, 2006
    Has anyone ever heard of 'Tennesee' acoustic bass guitars ? This company is making 6 string fretless basses for about $600.00 !! Is this a Chinese company ? South Korean ? There was one on Ebay if you check it out in completed auctions but I'd be afraid to grab it. I've never heard of this company before. I am looking for a fretted 6 string acoustic bass, but cannot seem to find one, even Carvin won't build me one, and I certainly do not want to pay $10,000 from someone in the UK. Carvin told me it was the neck and bridge integrity that would be compromised with a six string acoustic. Acoustic basses are not constructed the same way as your standard electric bass, so there are other considerations in play with larger hollow bodies. Still I'm hopeful that a good quality 6 string fretted acoustic bass can be found, somewhere ! I was hoping someone could tell me something about this 'Tennesee' company so I might contact them to see if they make a fretted version and find out where I might play one. The body is hollow, but it appears to be the thin hollow body, (Hofner depth, maybe an inch wider). I have contacted the ebay seller of this instrument but have recieved no replies as of yet, (a sign that the listing and photos may not be all that its cracked up to be). Any help with this issue or info on the 'Tennesee' company would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I am new here, this is my second post.

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Welcome to TB

Tennessee

;)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've heard good things in regards to their 12 string basses, however, outside of that, no recollection of hearing a thing.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    If this is the same company, they have a double-neck on ebay:

link

Looking at the fret markers, these look to be re-badged Galvestons to me.

5. jimibrix

jimibrix

Sep 20, 2006
    Yea I checked it, 3 day warranty... What do you think of that ? I wonder if that includes shipping time, warranty might be up by the time it arrives !! Just kidding, but three days ? Is this the new cheap, rusting, pot crackling, tuning peg post bending 'Univox of our time' perhaps ? Would you trust it to purchase ? This is why I was inquiring about this company...Any more help with info would be greatly appreciated...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021