1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tenney German bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by LouisF, Dec 19, 2017.

1. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    $2000
    Style:
    German
    I bought this bow earlier this year. I love it but it is too heavy for me to use regularly. (164 grams!)

Burdell Tenney was a California artist and craftsman who repaired violins etc for Hans Weisshar. Rumor has it (and it is only a rumor) that he was so good at it that some of his copies were sold as the real old masters. He was also well regarded as a California "pleine air" painter of landscapes.

The bow has a gorgeous ivory frog and screw, great octagonal stick and a tip more like a French bow than not. Very well balanced, just 164 gr! Rehaired and cleaned by Charles W Liu here in LA.

Available for trial with deposit. Because of the ivory it can't leave the US

Thanks
    Louis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    More photos (the other bow in the one photo is my Kolstein).

The playable hair length is 24"; the length of the stick is 29 1/2", with @ another 1/2" to the tip of the ivory play. The frog height is 1 3/4"; the frog & stick ht. is 2 1/4". The bow was used by a long time player in the Seattle symphony who recently retired.

Attached Files:

3. Tonysuarezbass

Tonysuarezbass Supporting Member

Very interested. What is the stick made of?

4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pernambucco