1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Tenney German Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Tonysuarezbass, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Price:
    $1800
    Style:
    German
    For sale is a German bow made by California artist and bow maker Burdell Tenney. This bow has served me well for two years in a serious conservatory with a prestigious teacher in NYC, but I recently upgraded and don’t need both bows.

This bow is a canon, and pulls an absolutely enormous sound on every bass I’ve played it on.

The playable hair length is 24"; the length of the stick is 29 1/2", with @ another 1/2" to the tip of the ivory play. The frog height is 1 3/4"; the frog & stick ht. is 2 1/4". Weight is 164 g.

The frog and screw of the bow are both ivory, so it cannot leave the US.

The bow was recently recambered by master bow maker Yung Chin here in NYC.

Trial available with deposit, I will include a Pedi bow tube with the bow.

Attached Files:

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    As the former owner of this bow, I can say that it is a fantastic, if unique bow, and will make the right owner very happy.
    Louis

Selim and Tonysuarezbass like this.
  3. Pompousham

Pompousham

Feb 27, 2020
    Damn, wish I saw this earlier! I'm in need of a new bow and with everything that's happening Lisa from LA Bass Works isn't allowing anyone in her shop at the moment.

4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are you looking for something specific?

5. Pompousham

Pompousham

Feb 27, 2020
    Something on the longer side of the scale as well as something a bit heavy as compared to normal. Has to be german as well. A ivory frog is definitely a plus as I've played on some friends bows with it and if feels better to me for some reason. Any good leads you might have?

6. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  7. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    My bass has cracked being repaired there and I have no idea when I'll ever see it again :(

8. Pompousham

Pompousham

Feb 27, 2020
    I picked up my bass 2 or so weeks ago from her before things went insane with COVID-19. My bass was about 75% done when LA shut down so I don't know if she was just finishing up projects or if she's working through the lock down. She offered to do a curbside pickup in front of the building and we maintained 6 feet between us. On the bright side if you do have to wait until LA reopens you will be in the front of the line when every bass that has cracked in the last half of winter shows up at once...

Hans Gruber likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021