Tenor Bass strings, 6string Bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bass_drum, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    OK Guys Two questions here:

1. Could you guys give me a few examples of brands that make tenor 5 string bass strings (Tuned EADGC)?

2.Could you guys give me a few examples of brands that make 6string bass strings tuned EADGBE?

2. i don't think five set strings of anything but standards are made, but if your looking for a good tenor set, try Labella m20s
    fender may make the 6 string set your looking for
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I play nothing but tenor tuned basses, and what I have found is that nobody really packs strings in tenor sets, but you can easily order them in the configuration you want. For example, I order my tenor 5 sets as a regular set of medium gauge stainless lo-riders plus an added .30 high C through my local DR dealer- usually I order 2 or 3 sets at a time. Thomas-Inkfeld does the same thing for me, only I use their Jazz flats. D'Addario, Ken Smith, and SIT will also make up a custom Tenor set for you. As far as a SIX string double-baritone set, many of the mainstream companies don't carry a string suitable for a high E, but you can downtune a .25 or .30 C to a B easily. Ken Smith and SIT will both make up sets with a a high E/F string for you, usually in a .20 gauge. I can't remember who Supplies Conklin's strings, but JT woudl be able to tell you more about that if you PM him.