Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tenor Bass strings, 6string Bass strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bass_drum, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    OK Guys Two questions here:

1. Could you guys give me a few examples of brands that make tenor 5 string bass strings (Tuned EADGC)?

2.Could you guys give me a few examples of brands that make 6string bass strings tuned EADGBE?

Thanks,

~JB~

2. i don't think five set strings of anything but standards are made, but if your looking for a good tenor set, try Labella m20s
    fender may make the 6 string set your looking for

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I play nothing but tenor tuned basses, and what I have found is that nobody really packs strings in tenor sets, but you can easily order them in the configuration you want. For example, I order my tenor 5 sets as a regular set of medium gauge stainless lo-riders plus an added .30 high C through my local DR dealer- usually I order 2 or 3 sets at a time. Thomas-Inkfeld does the same thing for me, only I use their Jazz flats. D'Addario, Ken Smith, and SIT will also make up a custom Tenor set for you. As far as a SIX string double-baritone set, many of the mainstream companies don't carry a string suitable for a high E, but you can downtune a .25 or .30 C to a B easily. Ken Smith and SIT will both make up sets with a a high E/F string for you, usually in a .20 gauge. I can't remember who Supplies Conklin's strings, but JT woudl be able to tell you more about that if you PM him.