1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tenuto iPhone app [fretboard quiz]

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Stev187, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club!

Jan 11, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    tenuto.
    For weeks, my kid's bass teacher has been wanting him to memorize the notes on the fretboard. We work on it, but it's a chore. Earlier this week I discovered this excellent iPhone app and he loves it!

Tenuto for iPhone

I have a couple of music theory apps on the iPhone, but this one is fantastic! This section of the app can be customized for 4-string bass, 5-string bass, or guitar. There are many great features of key signature flashcards, note flashcards... it's very customizable. And only about 4 bucks!

The other iPhone music theory app I like is RightNote, which has the cool feature of providing answers with your own instrument. Man, I wish this stuff was around when I was learning.

--Steve

2. JimL

JimL

Jan 19, 2011
    Cupertino, CA
    Yeah, Tenuto is a great little app. I use it all the time when I'm stuck in boring meetings and want to accomplish something useful :)

It's from Ricci Adams' musictheory.net which has a lot of good info. Ricci has been running that website for over a decade and so he's gotten a lot of good feedback from professional teachers on the best way to present music theory. Ricci was a senior engineer on Apple's Safari team until last year when he decided to spend more time on his own projects.

3. JimL

JimL

Jan 19, 2011
    Cupertino, CA
    Oh yeah, another good app is Rhythm Sight Reading Trainer from Rolf's Apps.

4. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    +1 Though I don't use it that much I think I should..

5. AddSomeRiddim

AddSomeRiddim

Sep 23, 2011
    Looks pretty good, is there an android equivalent? Would make my daily bus trip a bit more productive