1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tequella Shots and a Hip Shot don't mix well

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by troy mcclure, Oct 17, 2010.

1. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Central Florida
    I normally don't drink but if someone else is buying and I am not driving I make an acception....

Last night I was playing in my cover gig and for the 4th set we tune to Eb.... I was bit loaded as the club owners wife insisted on buying the band shots.... We finish the 3rd set with Shine in Drop D, about to take our break,, the owner comes up and says it's 1:20 keep playing so I quickly tune to Eb...we got to play Sex is on Fire and I know I totally out of tune... I can't figure out why as I just tuned up and why am I sharp by 1 step.
    Drunk me tunes up with the hipshot dropped and then engages before we play and I didn't figure it out until after that song....

2. so ur were tuned to drop D? haha,o well honest mistake, id be danged if it was the first time a basssist was out of tune, i remember being so drunk ,i didnt care if i was out of tune, prolly because i hated the band i was in

3. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Couple of weeks ago I was messing around at our rehearsal space with the drummer, playing "Whiplash". I was so drunk I had to lean against the wall. Head first.

4. joshwilkesbooth

joshwilkesbooth

Jul 17, 2009
    On the bright side of things, I can guarantee that at 1:20 in the morning nobody could have possibly noticed. :)

5. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    i did. i was like... that bass player is all sorts of out of tune. Ruined my night. lol j/k

i tend to get sloppy o n the occasion. then i grind on fat chicks. :s

6. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    You should switch to a better brand of tequila. The stuff I drink makes me taller and better looking.

7. BryanM

BryanM

Dec 15, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I played a gig like that once. I fell over and didn't notice until the song was over.

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    That happened to me too. I kept playing from a supine position on the floor and a buddy of mine kept pouring blackberry brandy into my mouth......

9. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    I remember many, many years ago we were closing out the night playing Magotbrain (yeah, I'm old) and I was so drunk I played it laying flat on my back on the stage. It wasn't the first time I had a room spinning while Magotbrain was playing....

10. Exactly hahahaha