Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Terminal Ritter Gas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jmann, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i have just seen the most beautiful bass ever: Ritter #0405. http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses-history/ritter-basses-history.php?year=2004

after seeing that I want my very own ritter roya (in a transperent green over QM with a futura finish on the neck), but i understand they are mega expensive. ive never played a ritter (because i live many miles away from one) but i have seen rob derhak from moe. play one live several times and i love the tone.

now if i did decide to place an order with Jens, i would have to sell a few of my basses so i would be able to eat. I have a few basses that i wouldnt mind letting go and i cant sleep at night because i just keep seeing my dream bass. advice... anyone?

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    You could sell your car, but then how would you get around? AH HA! Second mortgage on the house. Sweeeet! If you place an order, get ready to drop close to 6 or 7K.

I'm all over 0460. That tremolo is so nice. :drooling: Way to get my GAS goin.....jeez :bawl:

Edit: I understand Jens' wait is now over a year. Good luck....I've had Terminal Ritter Acquisition Syndrome for...well....since I started playing bass....

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    thats a good idea! j/k i cant get around anyway... damned suspended license... well it looks like ill be selling my mtd, both of my warwicks, my carvin and alot of other gear. :scowl:

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    At least you have the gear to sell. You know what they say..."You can only play one at a time..." I think with a Ritter that's the last bass you'll ever need. At least that's how it is for me. Once I get my Ritter, I'll never buy another bass.

5. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    thats exactally how i look at it...

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i have the solution,put one kidney in ebay :p

7. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    lol AWESOME IDEA! thanks funky tune :p

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i read news yesterday about one man that sell one kidney in ebay,crazy world man. :rollno:

9. I own the Okon, model # 0428, and it's an awesome instrument. If you have any questions you should contact Brian Barrett (www.thelowend.net). Brian is a great guy, besides being a Ritter dealer and can answer a lot of questions you might have.

10. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i have had dreams about #0428... you truly are a blessed man. a 4 roya like that in green and blue, oh god. I wolud sell BOTH kidneys on da bay for that one

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA

Never buy another bass, besides another Ritter ;)

12. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol you are a dyalisis candidate :D

13. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I played 0411 or a bass that looked just like it, and still wish I had found a way to buy it. It was before the ritter price hike. I thought it was expensive then! Awesome bass.

14. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    errrm,yuo have two kidneys? if is yet,put one in the bay if s not your answer,you have only one and you sell one kidney for one Fodera GASing :D

15. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Beautiful basses.

Ive played them! :D me = lucky!

If you get the chance, buy one. If you don't you've missed a chance at one of the best instruments you'll ever play.

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    When I first saw ritters I fell in lust. When i first played a ritter i fell into lust. I think I must be growing up now, because I'm no longer in lust with these instruments...

Having said that the playability is undeniable.

17. weeding

weeding

May 17, 2005
    I've never even heard of Ritter basses before. Damn, those are amazing pieces of equipment. Beautiful, beautiful things. Mate, sell everything for one of those, especially the kidney!

18. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    When did the price hike take place and how significant was it?
    All I know is that the dealers that carry them have a very hard time moving them, so increasing price seemed like a poor idea. I'd love to have one though...it's the most elegant bass that I've ever come across and probobly the first bass that I think really looks like a piece of art that can be hung on a wall.

19. the price increase is mainly due to the exchange rate;
    despite that Jens is selling his basses pretty darn fast.
    Last Winter NAMM he was sold out within 2 days.
    Brian (the lowend) is moving also a lot of Ritters :)

20. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative... just trying to add a different perspective. I've played a lot of (and owned quite a few) basses in my lifetime. No Ritters, but plenty of boutiques including MTD, Alembic, Fodera. Most I've liked, a few I haven't, but the bottom line is that I'm certain I'll never have an overall favorite bass. As it is now, I love my Fender as much as my Sadowsky... they're both keepers.

Another point: it usually takes me awhile to know how I feel about a bass. I immediately dug the tone of my Modulus Quantum, but it took awhile to realize the string spacing cramped my style. OTOH, I liked my Sadowsky well enough right off the bat, but it wasn't until I played it through my Berg 6x10 cab that I went "OMFG!" But as noted, the Fender can give me that same reaction. It's great to have two keepers, and possibly more (I have a few new ones on the way in).

But hey, if the Ritter does turn out to be the last (or only) bass you need, then that's cool. :)