1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Terrible Gig

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MammaryVest, Dec 6, 2006.

1. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    Just had a terrible gig. My band played in a bar in Boston. It was awful...Bad sound guy. Bad venue....bad bands...bad vibes...15 audience members. Feel bad for me...feel bad for yourselves...just feel bad.(actually, all in all it was a pretty good learning experience, so not all is lost).

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Had a bad gig like that in Chicago. Except I was 19, so I had to stay out of the bar until I was to play, then I had to leave, and I even got into a fender-bender on the way to the gig.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    They are called character building gigs.

4. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    If you play long enough you'll have a few of em'

5. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    that's horrible!

now come on down to harper's ferry tomorrow nite and check out our band...i'll buy you a bottle of water! :)

6. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    I should go actually...who knows...we'll see.

7. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    15 people and a sound guy? Sounds like a better gig than what I've been doing for the last 7 years. I think my bad gigs outnumber the good ones around 15 to 1, yet I continue to play....

8. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL

Aren't you around a ton of college kids in Dekalb? I would think it would be party time down there.

9. the_fonz

the_fonz

Nov 27, 2006
    Kane, PA
    is that super secret code for "i'm gonna wrap you in a wet blanket in the back of my van, beat you with a stick, and throw you in the river"?

10. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Can't really party to the music I play, and no one seems to care when I do end up playing. It's an indie/dance band market out here no place for post-math-rock or Doom.

11. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Skybar or All Asia?

Sorry it sucked but regarding the 15 people, you're supposed to bring in fans, you know.