1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Terrible tragedy locally

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WashburnBasser, May 4, 2010.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I hope that f-tard realizes his life is over. Such a freakin horror story. Over what? Some petty High School crap?

2. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    What...the...frick...

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Adult-sized crime deserves adult-sized time.

4. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    He's 18, so he can already be tried as an adult yes? Unless you guys have different rules over there.

5. I certainly hope he is tried as an adult.

It is good to see that nobody was killed tho, it could have been 4 fatalities here.

6. I'm sure he will be. He pleaded not guilty, so I'm wondering if they may try some sort of insanity plea for him. He definitely has a medical history of mental problems. I remember him having anger issues for sure when I was growing up.

7. I think everyone has nutters like that, that they grow up with.

This guy was in my classes at school, well, until high school. He stopped going to school when he was ~13 (which says a lot).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7746494.stm

Tho, he should just be locked away and not allowed out for the amount of **** he's done.

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Too often it seems that we do.

9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Not to get too OT, but while I hope this guy gets tried as an adult, nothing makes my blood boil more than kids who aren`t legal adults get tried as adults (we`re talking 14-16 year olds here).

10. I think it depends on the case.

My understanding of right and wrong hasn't exactly changed much since I was 15-16.

11. i prefer that to the slap on the wrist that they get here,even for the most brutal crimes......if you are grown up enough to commit adult crime......you can do the adult time

12. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    I think I`d agree, but I`d say my ability to seriously comprehend the consequences of my actions has changed quite a lot - even within the past year or two for me (I`m 20). Plus I also have problems being considered an adult when I can`t even drink or rent a car... It seems unfair and unjust that someone could be tried as an adult under law without even having the all the privileges of being an adult under law. But yeah, that`s my OT rant.

13. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ahh, that explains a few things. ;) :p

14. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Well it`s like Mohawk said, I think it seriously depends on the case in most situations. There are definitely some teens who know the law well enough to abuse it in their favor; but then there are also kids who just make mistakes or have accidents. I`m reminded of a kid who killed his friend or relative on accident when the were wrestling in the backyard when he tried a move he learned from one of those wrestling shows. If I remember it correctly, the kid was only 14-16 but got tried as an adult anyways. To me, that`s a little outrageous considering it was an accident.

But yeah, I`m getting a little too OT.

15. Some age laws do seem a bit dense. Over here you could be legally married (16), have kids (at the legal age, 16), have a job (16 for 'real' work I think?) and a car (17). And if you commit a crime, you could still be tried as a child. Which doesn't seem quite right!

Well, I think that applies to the rest of the UK, in Scotland (I think) 16+ is tried as an adult, the rest of the UK being 18+. But I could be wrong on that.

Either way, I think it's something that needs to be looked at in a more case by case approach.

16. Oi!

17. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    That's a dick move, right there. Hope he gets his but good.

18. Depends on the state. For murders and attempted-murders, my state isn't has tried people as young as 15, IIRC, but those are only in pretty extreme circumstances (spree killings, multiple killings, etc.). 18 is otherwise the universal age.