Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Terribly sorry, but what do you think of this guitar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by phxlbrmpf, Feb 19, 2004.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    It's an old Ibanez Musician and it looks pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...7447&category=31140&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:DE:1

My band's guitarist is thinking of getting a new guitar, and he'd like a Les Paul-style instrument that doesn't rip a hole in his pocket. Oh, and he's a lefty, too.

So what are Ibanez Musicians like? How do they play and will they deliver a modern, heavy sound? Thanks in advance.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I know that old Ibanez instruments are very high quality.

I own one form 1975.

Thats all I can tell you.

Peace
    Nick

3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

This vun only plays in Deutsch! You vill have to teach it to play in Englissh!

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They're O.K. guitars. Nicely put together, and they look like fine furniture. The tone has to be there.
    They have some collectability. Especially if they're "neck-thru", like the sample linked above.

5. I have a 1979 Musician bass that has passed the test of time. It sounds good, and everything is in perfect working order except the 3 way pickup selector switch is sometimes scratchy.

I belive the body is mahogany with an ash top. I'd guess the guitar will have a thick, Les Paul type sound.

They are made like tanks. ;)

I would buy it.

Mike

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Thanks for the opinions, guys, I'm gonna let him know.
    :bassist:

7. missy51633

missy51633

Oct 20, 2003
    vincennes
    i have a 1959 gretsh its blonde in color with 4 knobs tone and volume and ect and a vibarato also and its mint and sounds very,very good ,i bought it from my sister who bought it new,,and i also bought her husbands pbass a 1962 and i cant even tell you how i feel when i play it ,its just wonderful the tone and quality is awesome,,a perfect fender.
    just my 2 cents worth

missy51633

if i didn't have bass,i'd be crazy

8. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Looks nice. I like the neck thru design too. :cool:

9. Excuse my ignorance, but what is 252,00 E in US currency?

10. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    My bands' ex-guitarist has 1982. Ibanez Musician. This guitar has most fantastic playability. Great, comfortable neck with lowest action possible on guitar. It isn't much bassy as you would expect from guitar with humbuckers but it has so sweet sound. And don't ignore neck-through design!