Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Terry Plumeri

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ben Rose, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    I just heard to tracks off of "Blue In Green" by Terry Plumeri and had to order the album. Has anybody else heard of him or seen him live? He has a really distinctive arco sound.

2. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Sound Clips

Unfortunately, no clips of the bass solo on Footprints, or the melody on Blue in Green.

3. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    If you go to the discography link I believe you will find links to CD sales sites with teaser clips

Interesting sound man this guy is very light on the bow! It's as though he doesn't want to sound like a bass at all but rather a flute or other wind instrument.

oops this thread is old hmm I can't remember now how I found out about this guy

4. Sure, it may be an old thread, but there's no harm in resurrecting an unanswered question.

Anyway,
    he actually lives in the same area as me, and I've run into him on the gig on a few separate occasions. He is an interesting player (and an interesting guy) indeed--VERY VERY light touch, extraordinarily low string height (on his absolutley gorgeous french bass...a shame, because the thing has practically no acoustic sound with the strings that low). He's extremely fluid with the bow--his right wrist has one of the most liquid motions I've ever seen in anyone short of Gary Karr/Edgar Meyer. He seems to be much more at home in the classical idiom, as he will readily admit, but he holds his own with the jazz side of things. Personally, not at all the kind of jazz playing that suits my tastes, but apparently he's an unbelievably talented composer and has gained a lot of respect in that realm over the years. Not to mention the fact that he's a genuinely nice guy.