1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tetsou Sakurai

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Apr 7, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Tetsou Sakurai

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Great video. Obviously from his Casiopea days.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

More Casiopea. No bass solo but good lawd! The musicianship and showmanship is outta this world!

4. I'm speechless.

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    I wish I could rock out like that. ... but I'm not sure it's allowed to do that on stage anymore... :)

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

8. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Thanks for the links, I've was trying to find some casiopea stuff for a while. It's too expensive on Amazon and could not even find it in Japan when i was there last November :meh:

Anyone seen that DVD he put out w/Dennis chambers on drums?

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Before mp3.com changed up, there was a ton of Casiopea tunes available for download! I think I have 2 cd's worth of stuff but I don't have song titles! I have a few T-Square cd's and a couple Akira Jimbo cd's! Casiopea music is hard to come by unless you want to pay import prices! My cousin, who did a tour in Japan (Air Force/4 years) bought a ton of music while there but oddly no Casiopea and he's a huge jazz/jazz fusion head!

10. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    Thx for this, I love Tetsous playing.

Cheers!

11. He totally reminds me of David Byrne in "Stop Making Sense". Nice playing though:) And a pretty groovy drummer to boot.

12. Heres something for ya:

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I had to post this link of Sakurai/Howe/Chambers' version of Punk Jazz...

14. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Yes, indeed!!! Tetsuo is a groovin' fool!!!!! I have been diggin' him for quite a while-back when he was playing a Kramer aluminum neck bass.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

15. wow! thanks! you've just turned me on to a whole new avenue of jazz fusion...

I haven't heard playing like this in quite a while...

reminds me of a cross between Chick Corea and the Dixie Dreggs...

16. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Definately a captivating player, and he does smoke wth Dennis Chambers. I've got all kinds of fantasies about laying down some tracks with Dennis, too bad I'll probably never get to meet him and even if I do, I doubt he'd have any reason to remember my name. Tasty fusion drummers are my (non-sexual, I am a family man, now) big musical fetish.

17. My biggest inspiration to pick up 6 string basses and It was thanks to him and Casiopea that i dig fusion as much as i do. Tetsuo is pure awesome!

EDIT: Has anyone else seen the Gentle Hearts DVD? Tetsuo is like 50 sumthin years old but he's ripped! It's insane he's like the Japanese Chuck Norris or somethin'!

18. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have that Gentle Hearts dvd. I love it.

19. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm always amazed more guitarist don't know who Greg Howe is. I wish they would do a domestic release on that band.

20. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    He's up there with Fuze and Vernon, very expressive, yet precise cat!

If you are looking for other releases, try contacting Audiophile Imports or Downtown Music Gallery, even if it doesn't show up as an available release on their site, both Mark and DTMG can find other 'hard to find' releases. Ever check out any mid-90's Shrapnel recordings?