Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tetsu (un-heard talent from Japan)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wakisazhi, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Wakisazhi

Wakisazhi

Aug 26, 2005
    Unless you don't follow the J-rock scene many of you probably haven't heard this guy's stuff, he's from a band known as L'Arc~en~Ciel, his stuff is simply amazing, I reccomend listening to STAY AWAY, HEAVEN'S DRIVE, Drivers High, Fare Well, DIVE TO BLUE, NEO UNIVERSE (this song he plays a 6-string and he has a fast bass loop played continuosly in the backround)and In the Air (although there are many more I could reccomend, these just happen to be some of my faves). If any of you have heard his stuff please feel free to comment, despite the language barrier it truely is great music! :D

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    It's not Tetsu Yamauchi that played with Free/Faces is it?

3. Desi

Desi

Jan 11, 2005
    Read my sig. I listen to a lot of Jrock, and the language barrier is no biggie for me. Tetsu is the reason I play Bass and I'm proud to have him as my influence.

4. Wakisazhi

Wakisazhi

Aug 26, 2005
    Good to see that there's one fan here, and no jerry the tetsu I refer to is Ogawa Tetsuya as Desi states in his sig. So Desi, what's your favorite tetsu bassline?

5. Wakisazhi

Wakisazhi

Aug 26, 2005
    Ok thanks, I'll just post in the other one thanks.

6. Desi

Desi

Jan 11, 2005

Hmm, there are numerous lines I love, but the ones that really stick out for me are the lines to Honey, Heaven's drive, Blame, Anemone, Neo Universe and a host of others that escape me. I use many of his lines as practice tools as they are tricky as hell.

7. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    I can play drivers high lol

8. the_luke

the_luke

Jul 3, 2005
    Don't spose he also plays for BUCK-TICK? They're an awesome j-rock band with impressive basslines. Remind me somewhat of Mr Bungle, too.

9. TRAX

TRAX Guest

Sep 16, 2005
    I can play Shinshoku(lose control), HONEY, READY STEADY GO, New World, Jiyuhenoshoutai, and Link by them...driver's high bass line is insane....tetsu is my fav bassist as well :)

10. dabassist

dabassist

Jul 24, 2003
    Do you know where I can get tabs for Lar'c~en~ciel?

Thanks,

11. AozorA

AozorA

Feb 22, 2006
    England
    If you like JPop/JRock have you guys heard of Ikuzone from Dragon Ash? He's my Bass Idol. But testu from L'Arc is damn cool too, Ready Steady Go is a great song