Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Texas Get Together - Did it happen???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 4, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whatever happened with this? Did it happen and I just missed it? I looked back and found a couple of threads discussing locations and stuff but didn't see anything as far as actual logistics. I'm definitely interested if I didn't already miss it. I was overseas when those other threads occurred so I might have.

Sure would be cool!

brad cook

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Eh? Did my fellow Texans all scurry away when the lights came on?

brad cook

3. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    No, not yet. but while on the subject: Lets start it back up. I 'm for Austin

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think maybe part of the problem, just from looking at the past two threads that I found, was that no one really stepped up and was like "We can have it at my place" or whatever.

There was a lot of debate about what city and stuff but what it comes down to is someone that either has a big enough house or some sufficient space to have it in speaking up and saying "We can have it here." If there turned out to be a Dallas get-together and an Austin get-together that would be fine too. It all comes down to venue and initiative I think. Let's not waste anymore bandwidth on debating location.... is anyone willing to host it or to procure a location?? I'd go Austin, Houston or Dallas.

brad cook

5. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'm from san antonio, I know pacman is too, and I also just saw him recently playing with tenille, of captain and tenille.:D

6. if you're in the houston area, count me in.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Everyone - let's stop saying where we would like it to be and whatnot. That got us absolutely nowhere in the past.

Now I think the best thing to do is ask "Is anyone willing to step up and procure a venue??" If someone would do that then voila...we would have a get together. I might be willing to do it once I'm finished moving and get a job but I don't know how long that's gonna take to get a job.

Is anyone in any city willing to take the responsibility of providing or reserving some place to have a Texas get-together?

Anyone?

brad cook