Texas GTG - July 30th

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Juneau, May 2, 2005.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Sponsored by Skjold Design Guitars and Anderson Guitar Galley

This is what we have so far , July 30th , 11:00 doors open . It will be at the community center in old down town Frisco ( TX) next to Anderson Guitar Gallery. There will be food , prizes and a good time to be had by all !!

We are hoping to have Jam sessions from 12:00 to 3:30 and then a clinic from 4:00 to 5:00 with a Q&A for the second half (Mark White - Spin Doctors). At 5:30 there will be a band (Powerhouse) for an hour long set.

This will be Talkbass folks, as well as many area musicians and a few builders, not just bass players. Posting this early to give everyone advanced notice and see what type of response we can get. I will try and field any questions for Pete about the GTG that I can as he doesnt have as much time to sit on the computer hehe.

Quick and Dirty:
    July 30th - 11am - 7pm or so
    Frisco, TX - Map
    6811 Oak Street
    Frisco, TX 75034

Mark White (Spin Doctors) - Clinic
    Powerhouse Performing
  2. Awesome. I'll see what I can do about going, since I can finally afford a trip like this.
  3. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Best news I've heard in ages Dave.
    I'm there! :hyper:
  4. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Awesome! Count me in!
  5. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I'm gonna try to make it up there- what is the closest airfield? Not DFW or Love Field, I'm talking about Addison or some other small field. I want to fly myself (need the cross-country hours anyway). Might have room on board for one or two others, if they want to fly United Scareways... ;) :D
  6. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    As before with our plans Bassic, your more than welcome to fly into Addison Airport and I will pick you up and drive you to the GTG. Also, if Frank is planning on comming (FCM3), and wants a ride, Ill ask him to talk to you as your both in Houston correct?
  7. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

as usual, count me in....
  8. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Wow your alive Justin! I havent seen you post in a long while :)
  9. Juneau,
    Who will be giving the clinic? Pete?
  10. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ya know, Im not sure, but I will find out.
  11. I thought YOU were giving the clinic:) .

I really... really... really... want to come down... but I'm busy that day.
    That sucks!!:mad:
  12. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    That would be a poor display indeed lol. I can see it now "This is how we play the 12 bar blues folks, and we can jazz it up with some II-IV reharmonization. This is a major, minor and blues scale. And here are some simple slap patterns from a video I have. Thank you and good night!"

It appears we are in some talks with Phil from Larry Morgan Music as possibly doing the clinic. Pete may also talk to Trip Wamsley about that.

I'll keep you all posted :)
  13. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    I'm in. Phil is a heck of a player. If Trip could make that would be awesome. I heard Chuck Rainey is gonna be there as well (maybe if I start this rumour it will come true). ;)
  14. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    We should invite Roscoe Beck.
    He's in Austin and that's not too far. :D
  15. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Feel free to contact him if you know how and point him in the right direction :)
  16. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    I've got his mailing address and home address.
    Guess it's time to send a letter.

Any ideas on how the turnout may be?
    How was it last year?
  17. Cool! I plan to be there.

18. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well cant really compare this GTG to last year. Last year was just TB folks and we still had close to 40 bass players at that gathering. We had a smaller one a few months later. This will be more than just TB, and more than just bass players. Plus being sponsored by more people, its expected to be a much larger event. Pete has plans to make this an anual thing if it all goes well and everyone has a good time and its worthwhile for the sponsors.

So bring all your friends :)

19. And I thought YOUwere giving the clinic! You're the one with the new Skjold, man!! :D

I think you really....really....really....should get UN-busy that day! :eyebrow: ;)
  20. Trip or Chuck Rainey would be awesome!

and I guess Phil would be okay........ ;)