Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Texas High School All-State bassist in need of new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by anthem274, Dec 11, 2004.

1. anthem274

anthem274

Jul 19, 2003
    Arlington, TX
    Hello,

I am a member of the Texas All-State High School Orchestra and am in desperate need of a bass. I am high above my 9th grade level. I have been renting a school bass :crying:. Recently I have been looking for a bass on lemurmusic.com and have become interested in the Sunrise laguna bass. I have a fairly tight budget. A bass in the $2000-$3000 range. I have played on the Sunrise Laguna's and if I do say so myself, they play very smoothly and sound quite nice as well. Anything to escape the laminated nightmare I have right now would be a dream.

Thank you very much, Advice would be more than appreciated.

2. Eric_J

Eric_J Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Flower Mound, TX. USA
    Check out bassesonline.com, Ideal Music.

I recently purchased an Eberly carved from them. They had some Wilfers, but they may only have the higher end ones left.

Good bass for the price. My teacher is delighted by the volume of sound and quality of construction.

He said it would get a music ed major through college, but a performance major would probably want a better bass in his Jr or Sr year.

Congrats on making the State orchestra. It takes a lot of practice to prepare and you should have a wonderful experiance in San Antonio in Feburary.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    congrats on the All-State!

:)

I made All-State Jazz three years in a row, but on Trumpet.

Don't stay out too late on the Riverwalk!

4. brutuscheezcake

brutuscheezcake Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Bodega Bay
  5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
  6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    My New Standard Cleveland [laminated] came in on Friday. This bass is just amazing especially compared to the basses that my school owns. One of my bass teachers [plays classical DB as his main bass style] said that he was pleasantly surprised along with impressed with the bass. I would definately check out the New Standard Basses-that being said i play predominantly jazz but do fill in with our high school orchestra on occasion along with playing for our concert bands.

That's all