Texas Weather

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TxBass, Feb 25, 2003.

1. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I grew up in Northern Virginia...I was used to a little ice/a little snow and it seemed that most understood this stuff could fall from the sky and to stay off the roads (there are always those that test the laws of physics...and wreck)

Here in Texas the weather is so bizarro...we had 78 degrees on Sunday, beautiful day. Last night/this AM we have 1/2"-1" of ice on everything and it's 25 degrees outside. Everything is closed (including the school I teach at).

I just hope and pray that these folks stay off the roads because they REALLY don't know how to drive in ice. The news is full of those folks who turn into "Super-Driver" and then end up in the ditch.

Anybody else experiencing some strange weather this winter?? I know the East Coast has had a heavy snow fall total...

2. Up here in Minnesota it has been kind of a "wimpy" winter. Until the end of December we were having highs in the 20s and 30s. We have only had one "big" snow storm so far.

The last month or so has been a little more normal with lows of 0 to 15 below zero and highs of 5 to 20 above zero.

I could get used to this kind of winter real fast.
  3. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    yea man, i live in austin too. this weather is crazy. im just glad schools closed :bassist:
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    it's been the same down here. a few weeks of bitter cold but never enough snow to interfere with driving for more than a day (and that's a big deal when you drive a RWD quasi-sports car with performance all-seasons!)

last winter rocked though. i remember over winter break there was two weeks of 50 degree weather. and maybe an inch or two of snow total.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I live up in Temple and do social work at a school in Killeen. I left early from school yesterday to make the 30 minute drive home because my car was already completely covered in a sheet of ice and it was starting to get nastier out.

Like you said...it's pretty weird and so typically "Texas" because it was so warm and beuatiful this weekend...now it's like 50 degrees colder and covered in ice. Texas has always had a weather identity crisis in the winters. It's quite confident of who it is in the summer though - one HOT bastard.

brad cook
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i didn't get to the office until 12noon because it was to icy.

you know how texas is, hard freeze last night and it will probably be in the 90's by the weekend!!!
  7. yep, sometimes i find myself wearing 2 coats when im going to school, and then having the air conditioner cranked when im coming home. It's really weird, but hey, its cool.
  8. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Not fair! We just had another foot of snow this weekend and today it's -20 F!:bawl:
  9. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    it's posts like that that make me realize I can live with a bit of ice for 48hrs...you have the electric blanket on all year??:D