SOLD TFB 800-B2 Thunderfunk rack mounted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rb1968, Jul 20, 2020.

1. rb1968

rb1968

Mar 5, 2008
    Price:
    I just took down the original post as it did not include a rack caseS Great solid loud amp. Fan stays on switch is disabled. Great shape some scuffs. Ships only within CONUS with signature required $875 or best offer. It's heavy 33lbs in the case, but if you have the back the sound is worth it.

Also included is the original strap and feet if you did not want to use a case, it's in a ziplock bag in the back of the case.
    • 800-watts RMS into 2 Ohms
    • 630-watts RMS into 4 Ohms
    • 305-watts RMS into 8 ohms Robert

Attached Files:

2. Viggo51

Viggo51 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Portland Oregon
    Great Amp! I own the TF750. Funny a few years ago these were unobtainable. How trends change. GLWTS!

rb1968 likes this.
  3. rb1968

rb1968

Mar 5, 2008
    I believe Dave Funk has retired. These amps are built like a tank.

Marcus Willett and Viggo51 like this.
  4. Dave Funk has indeed retired.

He has made the best solid-state Bass amp ever made, IMHO.

The TF750/800 mod. that I own and rack in an Aguilar DB751 rack, only weighs in @ 27 lbs. There is no Class-D amp on the market that can beat this amp @ 800/2 Ohms except in overall weight. But, the difference in realistic weight trade-off, is far out weighted by the tone produced.

It's just that good!
    0322201418.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    sludgetail likes this.
  5. Great amps

6. Joe Clark

Joe Clark

Jan 19, 2007
    Mid Michigan
    Love my TFB750, and I agree about it being the best solid state amp of all time, as I came from playing SVT's and Orange AD200B's.

Did that head mount into the Aguilar head case without a hitch? Something about the specs threw me off, maybe 19" vs 21"w, I can't remember. Curious to hear!

7. I took the amp with rack ears out of a Gator 2 space 19" rack-bag when I bought it from a local TB member in my area (I was just over at his house last week again on an item!).

I ordered the Aguilar 3 space rack from Sweetwater and dropped it in with a vent panel on top.

I just received the Aguilar padded cover after a "special order" from Sweetwater, but it is also available direct from Aguilar for $69.00 plus S/H.
    0730201053.jpg

I do not have the carrying handle for the amp that would make it just under 19" if set up with those times.

8. I also just grabbed this for size comparison.
    n8nm09hjhpumdv3jmesi.jpg

9. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    bump these amps are amazing.. I have a 420 and a 750 with a 800 power amp.. I user a Accugroove tri 110 and it kills.. but I need a dirty cab.. cause the tri one ten has no turn off on the tweeter and mid.. but I just got an acoustic 406 and peavey bw for it but it's not put together yet.. the 110.. will be for a clean reference amp.. and the 2 15 with be for dirt..

dude's if you want the nicest sounding clean this amp does is.. if you like pedals this amp is the platiform.. you want.. and if you complain about the weight.. you never play'd a really nice amp.. it's like 20 pounds.. which is mostly transformer.. lol

10. Agreed...!

Not wishing to hi-jack a sales thread, but for those who have a chance to SCORE a MONSTER amp, I provide this...
    0709201832.jpg
    Broughton Always On HPF and Darkglass Hyper Luminal Compressor in loop 1/Pre-EQ...
    0709201833.jpg
    These are in loop 2.

The real nice thing is that the DI out goes straight from the Bass INPUT pre-EQ/Loop 1.

The second adjustable XLR/DI out is post-EQ and Loop 2.

Such a flexible amp...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    BigThumps likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022