Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thaione Davis=Unbelievable MC

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Against Will, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I found Thaione Davis' disc, "Situation Renaissance" amongst the clutter that is my mailbox at the radio station. I have to share this album with the rest of the world: THAIONE DAVIS IS ****ing GREAT!

He's got cool, groovy jazzy old-school production (DJ & turntables, no MPCs or SPs). It's laid-back but still feels urgent, easy to get down to but compells you to listen to what Mr. Davis has to say.

His rhymes are good, intelligent but not abstract, kind of rocking the whole street-preacher hook. But his rhymes are the icing on the cake, the man's flow is amazing. At times it's hard to separate the production from the rapping because he sinks into the beat so well and his lyrics flow out like they're water. And his voice is fantastic as well. I used to think that Mos Def had the best voice in Hip-hop, but now that honor has been bestowed on Thaione Davis.

Anyone with even a slight interest in hip-hop should pick up this release! Hot ****!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to look into that.