thank you all

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by fatjazzcat, Jun 6, 2005.

1. fatjazzcat

Mar 21, 2005
    Hi guys,

I would like to thank you all and "THE MAN", who had this idea and nerves to get all of this going on...I`m relatively new around here, and I didn`t have special questions, but it took me some time to read all of this.

I found so many valuable informations here, which I would probably never know by myself...

I`m from Slovakia and played BG for about 6 years, and then I changed for DB (oh my that`s a sooound), but I didn`t have money to pay for teachers, so I was always sniffing around, met some good musicians willing to help, and asking everybody around, and finally I was playing with them.

And then after a year or so, I started to feel pain in my arms. And this is where this forum came in. Thanks to all the information around, I was able to solve this problem. I have visited a teacher, and found, that technique was only a minor part of the reasons, and didn`t knew, where to go. Main reason was a bad setup of my DB, which caused my playing to be much more difficult. Thanks to you, I made changes to my instrument, and now it is playable as hell (I never thought it can be played like that). Now I`m cured of my pains (I CAN PLAY!!!, I CAN PLAY!!!, I CAN PLAY!!!), I started practising, and I played my first small gig after 3 months of non-playing.

When searching for reasons of my pains, and possible solutions, I found answers to all of my questions right here. Although some of the answers were like Salomon himself wouldn`t have answered better :) , and one has depressions for a week, but you can get what you want from it. Never mind. I was really desperate, and this site was my only hope.

To all those people managing and running this site...

you got another DB player on your head!

P.S. (Is it possible to find any samples of music you play? It would be great to hear you)
  2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Go to the TBDB Sampler thread and click on the link to Damon's TalkingBass page. There's lot of us here, there.