Thank you Gibson for killing Sonar (sarcasm intended)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stringthrough, Jan 6, 2018.

1. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

I've been using this great Windows-only digital audio workstation (DAW) software for many years and loved it. Now Gibson, after buying in in 2013, is sundowning it.

Cakewalk - Announcement

2. I can't figure out Gibson these days.

They seem to be completely oblivious to reality.

stringthrough likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

i haven't kept up with gibson (per ZenG 's post), but i always thought cakewalk was a preferred DAW by many. i hate to see a reduction in competition, generally.

stringthrough likes this.
  4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    I was using Creative's Audigy 2 zs Platinum for my DAW. Just rebuilt my PC with a motherboard that is PCIe and it's not compatible with the Audigy system. Looking for a replacement system that will allow me to plug my bass and drum machine into it like I could with the Audigy. Anyone with some ideas I could research?:cool:

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

You're going to see Gibson getting out of most if not ALL of their business ventures that aren't musical instruments. Pretty much all the companies that are like this - accessories, software, etc. are money-losers for them. They buyers are going to axe all that stuff, and in a business sense, they must.

Henry got a dose of reality when Gibson went bankrupt and he was bought out. Blame him.

6. mikeGJ

mikeGJ Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Grand Junction, CO
  7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Out there!
    You're very welcome.

Love,
    Henry