Thank you....goodbye.....Kramer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Nov 22, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hello friends......I just returned from dropping our family dog off at the vet. He had multiple problems that forced us to put him to sleep. I can't stop crying about it.

Kramer was an awesome dog. We had him for about ten years after we rescued him from some jerk-off who decided it was OK to beat on him. It took several months just to get him to like men. He was a huge dog, about 160 pounds. He was part Rott and part Shepard. We used to always laugh as he was the laziest dog in the world. So mellow, and calm. He barely barked, and never jumped on anyone. We often considered him the perfect dog for our family. He was just so mellow, and relaxed. The times he did bark, he would just do it lying down he was so lazy.

We have many found memories of Kramer, but they just aren't coming to me right now. I apologize to those who may think this is a waste of space. I can't gather myself enough to call a friend right now, so I wanted to type how I feel.

Thanks for, reading. :)

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mike, my condolences. May Kramer find the most comfortable couch in the pooch post-life, and have no one to bark at.

Keep him in your heart, he will never die.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    anytime Mike :( I'll give my guys an extra hug for Kramer
  4. Hey man, I know how hard it is. I'm glad to see that you're not as shaken up about it. *group hug*

aww.... :)
  5. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    My condolences... I've had a couple of friends like Kramer in my life. Tough to let 'em go, but tougher still to have never known them. You're richer for the experience.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You guys are great.....seriously.... :)

7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mike, sounds like Kramer's on his back letting a fan blow on the better half on the comfiest bed in heaven. Like rllefebv said, better to love and lost, than to never love at all.
  8. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    'Til Next Ye Meet.

9. Post away MJ..... My condolences :crying:

One of the hardest times of my life was putting down my Irish Setter....Much worse than my divorce.

Sounds like you were very good to him and gave him a good life. You'll be seeing Kramer in the next life, who knows mabey he'll be a good master to you ;)
  10. Yeah...sorry to hear about that man:(
  11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sorry to hear that man, I know how bad it sucks. Just be thankful you got to give him a good home, and great life while he was here. When you're ready, remember there are many others that NEED a chance at a happy life as well.
  12. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    sorry for your loss dude... I asume he lived a good life thanks to you:) So i sortoff thank you for that... cant stand people who treat anything bad, especially dogs... and love those who help them...

Dont apologize:)

Cheers bro
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA's been a few hours, but I still can't shake these fits of crying. We haven't got the house totally cleaned up of everything related to Kramer, so I keep seeing things that trigger the sad emotions.

I've cried more about Kramer than I did for my grandma....I feel like a dork for that.

14. My drummer has a rotti - shepher cross that he rescued as well, incredible dog. He named it Scooby Doo as that's what it looks like, and we play a Scooby song every show.

My condelences.
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I was the same way with the cat I lost a few months back. It's rough... He was the coolest critter ever.

On the brighter side if I can distract you for a moment...

The Mrs' and I pet supply shop at a Pet Smart near home every 1st and 15th (pay days). For the last 5 visits the local shelter has had a little blueish gray tiger female cat in the same cage. Exact Clone of a cat we lost to kidney failure 5 or so years ago..... She's even got the same name :eek: on trips 3 and 4 we said "If she's here next time, we'll take her" On visit 5 I called the shelter from my cell.... told the woman that for 2.5 months this kit was pulling my heart strings and I was looking to go home with her that night. 45 minutes later the shelter manager was with the Mrs' was filling out the paperwork :) That was a week ago
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Right on James.....way to go. We can't own cats in our home because allergies, but kittens do have a unique way of warming the heart. :)

17. Sorry to hear of your loss.

18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good Show on takin' in that dog and loving him. That dog had good years because you cared enough.
  19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear it Mike, you have my condolences. I had a dog through most of my youth that I've cried more for than anyone. it's understandable. :(
  20. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I had a golden that was exactly like that, and I had to put him down last year. One of the best, if the not the best dog ever.. I totally feel ya bro..