1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thank you Lakland

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Soverntear, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    Thanks to the advise of TB I have my basic setup kit now. But i was still a bit daunted by the process. Thanks to the lakland For the straight and to the point setup guide. My bass is playing much better and i look forward to duture setups in order to perfect my technique. Just a note to all who haven't tried it yet. Just give er and take it slow.

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Good on ya! Hey, go YouTube and look up Carl Pedigo's vids; he's the head luthier at Lakland and has good setup tips. The best part is watching an experienced luthier crankin' on the trussrod until its set; no waiting for it to "settle". I'll never be convinced of neck settling after adjustment. He even has a.quick before the show check to see if your neck is good to go, what with the local environmental change it may be exposed to.

3. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    I noticed on the setup video he just went at the truss rod like a mad man. I only did 2 1/4th turns to the rod last night and might have the make an 1/8th turn back this evening. he may not seem to be in to neck settling but I sure am :p I'll check out his other videos, the man knows his stuff and has a way of explaining everything that makes sense to me. Thanks again for your input tbird.