Thank you Michael

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Nadav, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Although it is a little late, I wanted to thank you for your surprise appearance at Victor Wooten's Bass/Nature Camp just about a month ago.

In a week where my bass-related dreams just kept on coming true, your performance was definitely one of the high points for me, and evidently for everyone else that attended the camp.

I remember looking around at the other campers during and after your performance... some people with tears in their eyes, some unable to close their mouth, some getting up and *running* to buy Soliloquy before all the copies are gone (good thing I already had it!)

Your playing clearly illustrated the differece between playing bass as it has been defined for the past few decades, versus forgetting all of that and playing *music* as you want it to sound. It also made me re-evaluate my playing and what I want it to be, so I am now saving up for a fretless bass - something I've been thinking about for a long time. :p Oh, and an ebow too...

I hope I have a chance to see you play again at some point (hint: come to Atlanta).

(I am still in complete shock for this picture...)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That must have been quite a treat. I've been to 2 Bass Nature Camps and seen some incredible performances from some great players, but I would have totally loved to have seen michael show up and do his thang. Maybe next reunion camp :p
  3. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Marcus Miller on the 2nd day was a pleasant surprise too... you can actually see me with my mouth open in one of the picture's on victor's website. :D
    Hey, maybe I'll see you at the next reunion.
  4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, Nadav. It was a real pleasure to get to meet you folks and play a bit. I hope our paths cross again soon!