Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thank you Michael

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Nadav, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Although it is a little late, I wanted to thank you for your surprise appearance at Victor Wooten's Bass/Nature Camp just about a month ago.

In a week where my bass-related dreams just kept on coming true, your performance was definitely one of the high points for me, and evidently for everyone else that attended the camp.

I remember looking around at the other campers during and after your performance... some people with tears in their eyes, some unable to close their mouth, some getting up and *running* to buy Soliloquy before all the copies are gone (good thing I already had it!)

Your playing clearly illustrated the differece between playing bass as it has been defined for the past few decades, versus forgetting all of that and playing *music* as you want it to sound. It also made me re-evaluate my playing and what I want it to be, so I am now saving up for a fretless bass - something I've been thinking about for a long time. :p Oh, and an ebow too...

I hope I have a chance to see you play again at some point (hint: come to Atlanta).

[​IMG]
    (I am still in complete shock for this picture...)

[​IMG]

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That must have been quite a treat. I've been to 2 Bass Nature Camps and seen some incredible performances from some great players, but I would have totally loved to have seen michael show up and do his thang. Maybe next reunion camp :p

3. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Marcus Miller on the 2nd day was a pleasant surprise too... you can actually see me with my mouth open in one of the picture's on victor's website. :D
    Hey, maybe I'll see you at the next reunion.

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, Nadav. It was a real pleasure to get to meet you folks and play a bit. I hope our paths cross again soon!