Thank You Ronnie Dents

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Ok. I've never really gotten to post in this area of talkbass before, so, whatsup guys. Well, heres my little story:

I was in Destin, FL with my family this past week on spring break. In Destin, there is a little place called Baytowne Wharf. Its ment to replicate a little town, specificly little New Orleans. At one of the resturants, Hammerheads, they always have a live band playing. Last Saturday I was walking by and was watching the band, called the Dents. After one of their songs ended, I notcided the bassist was playing a really old Fernandes bass. I asked him and he said circa '70's, I found out later that his name was Ronnie Dents. He asked if I played and I said yes. Then he asked wat I knew. I figured I was requesting something. I named the few really bluesy Hendrix tunes I knew, the rest of the band didnt. Then I named Cream, Sunshine Of Your Love. Right as I said that, the guitarist smiled real big, and hit the riff:D :bassist: . Ronnie took off the bass and strapped it around my shoulder, and I just kind of stared at him. The drummer started counting off, and I just started to play. I wasnt nervous for very long into the song, and only messed up a few times, and they weren't noticable. It was the most fun I've had in a long time, and I know now that my band needs to get it togeather so we can start doing small gigs.

Just thought I'd share my story and see what you guys thought....:D
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Pretty cool, that doesn't happen often.