1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thank You Ronnie Dents

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Ok. I've never really gotten to post in this area of talkbass before, so, whatsup guys. Well, heres my little story:

I was in Destin, FL with my family this past week on spring break. In Destin, there is a little place called Baytowne Wharf. Its ment to replicate a little town, specificly little New Orleans. At one of the resturants, Hammerheads, they always have a live band playing. Last Saturday I was walking by and was watching the band, called the Dents. After one of their songs ended, I notcided the bassist was playing a really old Fernandes bass. I asked him and he said circa '70's, I found out later that his name was Ronnie Dents. He asked if I played and I said yes. Then he asked wat I knew. I figured I was requesting something. I named the few really bluesy Hendrix tunes I knew, the rest of the band didnt. Then I named Cream, Sunshine Of Your Love. Right as I said that, the guitarist smiled real big, and hit the riff:D :bassist: . Ronnie took off the bass and strapped it around my shoulder, and I just kind of stared at him. The drummer started counting off, and I just started to play. I wasnt nervous for very long into the song, and only messed up a few times, and they weren't noticable. It was the most fun I've had in a long time, and I know now that my band needs to get it togeather so we can start doing small gigs.

Just thought I'd share my story and see what you guys thought....:D

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Pretty cool, that doesn't happen often.