Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thank you sir!

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by redfenderj, Mar 2, 2005.

1. redfenderj

redfenderj

Aug 12, 2004
    Watt,
    I'm sort of new to the forum and just found your section, and I thought it would only be right to let you know what an inspiration you have been to me. As the story goes, I was about 13 and a good friend of mine had both just started playing bass. To be totally honest I hadn't really heard of you but my friend thought (still thinks) you're a god. Anyway, he decided for me it was time for me to see my first rock show and who better to break me in? J mascis and the FOg. The show was at a theater in Madison WI, I guess it would have been about 2000. I wouldn't really expect you to remeber, but we smoked cigars after the show in the back lot of the theater. Needless to say the show was awesome. I just wanted to say thanks because this spring I'll be off to college as a jazz major, hopefully to start a music career of my own and that show was definatly a factor in my "why James loves music" equation.

-James

Rugmaster likes this.
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

james

I remember that gig and am so glad you're way into music and are going to work at it - much respect to you and good luck w/your journey! I hope it's a creative one and you end teaching me some things.

on bass, watt

Rugmaster likes this.