1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thank you TalkBass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FronTowardEnemy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I just realized that for exactly half of my bass playing career I have been a member of TalkBass.

In the past 12 years I have learned more than I ever could without it, and have traded and bought so much outstanding music gear.

It is inspiring and I give thanks. Without TalkBass I don’t think that I would have had as successful of a music career.

Thanks to all.

G-Z, Polfuste, MonetBass and 10 others like this.
  2. toprekoms

toprekoms

Aug 22, 2010
    I'm saddened and surprised that no one responded to this touching post. Maybe people on here need to slow down and smell the roses.

FronTowardEnemy likes this.
  3. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    First time I noticed the post!

You're right. I have learned more about woofers, tweeters, watts, ohms, round, flat, tape and quality issues on this forum. And I've met some great people, been angered, touched and amused.

I blame this site for fueling my gas, although I've had it for years, truth be told.

There are some awesome folks here. Glad you're here, too.

G-Z, GregC and FronTowardEnemy like this.
  4. Yeah, I didn’t see it the first time around either. This really is an amazing resource for all things and questions bass-related. I think we all appreciate the heartfelt post thanking this collective for all that it has done.

G-Z and FronTowardEnemy like this.
  5. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    QUOTE="toprekoms, post: 21432642, member: 174912"]I'm saddened and surprised that no one responded to this touching post. Maybe people on here need to slow down and smell the roses.[/QUOTE

6. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I was just reflecting on my gig and gear. TalkBass has really held my interest and has been a most positive reinforcement for me as a bassist.

I was pondering where I would be without it. Chances are not as far along as I am now.

Thanks!

G-Z, craigie and Old Blastard like this.
  7. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Funny, I think about this scene often around the Work water cooler.

craigie likes this.
  8. Polfuste

Polfuste

Sep 10, 2010
    South France
    And even more than the bass thing, TB has also helped me a lot in english language; which is not my mother tongue. I started here with a dictionnary in hands, choosing subjects with short simple posts. And i now read , understand all; and write better too. So thank you all for that ! :thumbsup:

9. FronTowardEnemy

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    That is amazing.

Polfuste likes this.
  10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Twelve years. That's a lot of years for TB to be leading down the wrong path(s). Think of where you could be now without our help.

11. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Awesome post. Love it.

12. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Yep. Talkbass is the basst.

13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Cool. Its a pretty good board all things considered!

14. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    I have learned a lot over the years. It's been fanning the flame of GAS pretty hard though...:smug: