Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks for the Guidance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by old grouch, Jan 6, 2006.

1. old grouch

old grouch "Old Fool? Ya don't get old, bein' no fool!"

I got a lot of useful feedback on this board when I was shopping for my bass [​IMG] and my Amp [​IMG] Life goes on. Now if I can just find my old phonebook so I can get Bonnie Raitts and Jimmy Buffets phone numbers, and tell 'em I'm on the prowl..........hhmmmmmm.......

Or, maybe I should just wait for them to call me???...hhhmmmm :D

2. When do you expect the Ashdown? Did you get a tuner too?

3. old grouch

Ashdown on 1/10....and I got the combo....180W is small, but sufficient for the time being. I'm going to a head and cab within a few months. I have to first heal the wounds on my credit card! :p

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Glad the suggestions are working out for you. Although it can be conflicting, I think everyone at TB really tries to help.

5. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    SO what do you think of the bass so far??

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Damn OG.....you don't mess around. New bass and combo amp and done!!!

7. Welcome to the family!

Glad you got what you were looking for! For what its worth, Bonnie is out doing promos and touring a bit with Hutch Hutchinson on bass and Jimmy is kicking it in Key West doing a little bone fishing...I'd head south and see what Jimmy is up to, Hutch is pretty stiff competition! :D I did a Buffet record back in '95? and he had the same bass player he has had for over 20 years...BUT he is REALLY cool to hang out with!! :bassist:

Peace,

T

8. old grouch

Jimmie and Fingers and I smoked a little *tobacco in the late 70's out in Anahiem. And I knew Bonnie from my living in Ft Bragg, near her home in Albion Ridge, and I just saw that she is going all over the da,n place ....england, ireland, 15020 US stops, then back thru Canada. By the time she gets back, I WILL BE STIFF competition. (Bout 7-8 months!)lol

9. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Very nice bass you got yourself!!

10. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Nice bass, good choice on the combo...Peace & good luck.

11. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Beautiful bass OG! I think you'll be pleased with the Ashdown.

Rock ON!

Jim - Old, but not dead :bassist:

12. LOL! I hear ya! She has a really great band out with her this time and I am hoping to catch a show or 2 myself...

Peace,

T