Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Randy Nerve, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Thanks to all the bass players who welcomed me, a non-bass player. I'm a guitarist and the the bass player in the band I'm a part of, The Nerve, is always saying how much fun it is here. I wanted to see for myself so here I am. I was reluctant at first, being a 6 stringer as opposed to 4. But I got some really nice responses. So thanks. Peace. Power to the people!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you're welcome, and i for one look forward to more input from guitarists such as yourself. oh, don't you mean "being a 6 stringer, as opposed to a 7 or 8 stringer"? and since you're a guitarist, we'll overlook it this once, but this really doesn't belong in the effects forum, more like off topic. ;)

or maybe the "i'm clueless cuz i play guitar" forum. do we have one of those?

just kidding on that last one there, randy :D.

3. now that we've been nice to you, allow me to be the first to flame you for posting this in the EFFECTS forum.

you suck!!

;)

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I didn't do anything... But I am happy to accept credit for it! You are welcome. :)

6. You really hate when people go of topic don't you.

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    We have a regular lovefest going on over here at Talkbass. We've decided that bassist are the most wonderful people alive and we love to slobber all over each other. We have plenty of love left over for a wayward guitarist. I like to play guitar, but you guitar players scare the hell out of me. But be forewarned: if you hang out here long, you may start to feel the "Call of the Fat String."

8. damn you, turner!!

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Randy - Welcome!

Maybe you could help us - What's with Joe and this, "Fieldy is God" stuff of his? :confused:

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, and another thing - he keeps saying that the guitarist in his band can't keep time - is that you? man, some of the other things he's saying - geeze. :eek: