Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks for your advice!!!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bassdadto2, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    Steve, I just got my blown 10 inch driver back from the reconer, put it in the cabinet, and it sounds great. Now, as per our previous discussion (Am I over EQing?) I set the EQ flat, set the parametric flat, put my bass flat, turned off the bass and treble boostr buttons, and boosted the mid- treble control just a little, and guess what? Great tone!!!!

I'll try it tonight at my gig, but I think I was over-eqing, and I will subtract a freq instead of boosting, if I need something. Thanks for your advice!

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Glad to hear that the advice panned out well - do let me know how you get on on the gig. I had a great time in the US playing through an Ashdown 4x8 and a 1x12, with the 500Watt head, all running flat, and it sounded incredible... if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :oops:)

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

3. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    DOOD!! The sound was great at the gig!! I've never sounded better!1 everyone bowed to me and my mighty thunderstick!!!