Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks, Gard!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lump, Feb 9, 2002.

1. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Bass Central claims another victim.

Background:

http://talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=37461

Anyhoo, after much deliberation (and after reading every post in the Amps Forum going back at least two years), I ended up going with an Eden WT-400 and two Aguilar GS112s. I REALLY wanted an EA iAMP Combo to work out for me, but they're just too heavy. Gard busted hump trying to find a way to make it work, but short of shipping it in pieces, no joy. Plus, I kept hearing Monkeybunch's voice in my head, "Eeden...you'll regret it if you don't go with Eeeeden." And once we got on the subject of 112s, EA got lost entirely. For me, I think this is the best route to go, all things considered. I could have done worse. :)

Just want to publicly thank Gard for his patience in putting up with my indecisive emails and past-my-bedtime, bounced-off-of-three-satellites phone call ("I have you Lima Charlie as well. Go ahead, over"). I realize that as a salesman it's to his advantage to be helpful, but he went above and beyond. Kudos to him and Bass Central.

Thanks for hooking me up, dude! You're the man!

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    lump -

No sweat my man, always glad to help a fellow TBer out. I think you're really going to be happy with your choices, I love the GS 112, and of course the Eden amps are great.

3. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    No secret the lump, Tard is a hell of a good dude.

Mike (holdin at the outer marker)

4. Yeah definately, Gard is a great guy. I'm glad he's still putting up with my indecisiveness. But i'm almost there and soon Gard, i'll be able to call you up and put in an order, don't think i forgot about you. I just take long to come to decisions.

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Oh heck, Gard is HUGE!

A great guy and a great member of this forum.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Doc -

Thanks, comin' from you, that's a heckuva compliment!

MFC -

Take your time man, I'll be here, and Eden won't stop makin' 410 cabs anytime soon! ;)

7. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'll be calling soon as well to upgrade my cabs. so far two Ag 1x12s or one Ag 2x12 are my top contenders. Does BC have the 2x12s in? you can PM me if you don't want to post here.

-KB

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    KB -

We just placed our first GS 212 on order Monday, I was told to expect it early next week. Give me a call, e-mail, or PM me Mon/Tues and I'll give you the scoop.