1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Thanks guys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sascrotch, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Feb 18, 2001
    Costa Mesa, CA
    JUst picked up that P-Bass i posted about. Pretty cool, put knobs on it and its cool. Thanks

2. That's great! Congratulations on what sounds like a great purchase. Maybe we'll get to see it in the next "post a pic of your bass" thread. (?)

3. Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Feb 18, 2001
    Costa Mesa, CA
    maybe, need to put a new pick guard on it, even though i don't use a picki still like it to look good :)

4. The pickguard on my fretless (pictured on the left) was white originally. That was fine when the bass was white, but then I stripped all the paint off of it, and the combination of white on light wood didn't quite work. I needed some contrast, but didn't want to get a factory pickguard - so I made a quick trip to the hardware and bought a can of Tremclad 'Hammered Finish' paint (grey). I sanded the pickguard slightly with fine sandpaper, then dabbed the paint on with a sponge. Now I have a really nice looking pickguard that looks like a (authentic) slab of granite. When I get tired of it. I'll dab on another color.
    [​IMG]