Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks guys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sascrotch, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Feb 18, 2001
    Costa Mesa, CA
    JUst picked up that P-Bass i posted about. Pretty cool, put knobs on it and its cool. Thanks

2. That's great! Congratulations on what sounds like a great purchase. Maybe we'll get to see it in the next "post a pic of your bass" thread. (?)

3. Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Feb 18, 2001
    Costa Mesa, CA
    maybe, need to put a new pick guard on it, even though i don't use a picki still like it to look good :)

4. The pickguard on my fretless (pictured on the left) was white originally. That was fine when the bass was white, but then I stripped all the paint off of it, and the combination of white on light wood didn't quite work. I needed some contrast, but didn't want to get a factory pickguard - so I made a quick trip to the hardware and bought a can of Tremclad 'Hammered Finish' paint (grey). I sanded the pickguard slightly with fine sandpaper, then dabbed the paint on with a sponge. Now I have a really nice looking pickguard that looks like a (authentic) slab of granite. When I get tired of it. I'll dab on another color.
    [​IMG]