1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thanks, Jan Bjorklund

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Novi, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Novi

Novi

Sep 8, 2010
    Bravo! Jan Bjorklund, Finland

Although I have been playing guitar on and off for 30 years, I just started to play the bass a few months ago. I love that deep bass tone and it is a lot fun playing along with my favorite bands' CD's. But even with some experience and knowledge of guitar playing, it is difficult for me to figure the bass line by ear.

For example, for weeks I have tried and tried to figure out "South of Border" the way The Shadows played but just couldn't figure out certain parts.

Then I tried to Google it one day. A free BassTab had showed and solved my problem. It was done by Jan Bjorklund from Finland. The tab is accurate and easy to follow. From the same web, I also learn bass lines of my favorite Ventures tunes. And they are all free!

Never knew Jan Bjorklund nor heard of him before. But I would like to say a big "Thanks" to him. Hope he is a member of this forum and can see this thread.

Here is the web I found about Jan B. He has done so many free tabs on web. A lot old songs which I love. And they are all free! What a generous person!

If you love the instrumentals by The Ventures like I do, here are the guitars and bass tabs by Jan B:

http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/v/ventures/

:bassist:

2. poppamies

poppamies

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, thank you Novi! This is Jan Bjorklund from Finland Nice to be of any help! My old Geocities site vanished in cyberspace but here is the new one with some of my transcriptions in tab and notation as well.

Basiste's Website

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021