1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

thanks pacman

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fender123, Mar 11, 2013.

1. fender123

fender123

Mar 10, 2013
    hi good people i have an ampeg late 70 svt here i want to convert to aust voltages,, has anyone done this mod,,, and whether tranx is switchworthy or i have to replace with another? fdeck had given me a scematic ,,, unfortunatly i cant really get a lot from it, too blurry! really appreciate all the efforts cheers guys
    warm regards
    svt1

2. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Rather than modding the amp, you could try an external Step Down Transformer.

3. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    Step downs are the best way to use US gear here. Go to Jaycar or Dicky S and they should have something appropriate for your purposes.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't know...If I'm carrying an SVT around, I don't know that I'd also want to carry a box the size of a car battery that weighs as much as an SVT, too! I'd replace the PT myself.

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Since somebody mentioned the transformers sold by Fliptops, it might be worth contacting them to see if they have a more legible schematic. From their description, it looks like their transformers can be wired for 120 or 240 V.