Thanks, people

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Don Higdon, Jan 15, 2004.

1. As you can see, I'm no longer a Moderator. As I told Paul, I am so swamped by going back to school to become certified as a teacher of the Alexander Technique, still running a business, selling a house, buying and moving, that I haven't really "moderated" in some time. The honest thing to do was take my name off the masthead.
    Things have changed much since Chris and I agreed to relieve John Turner, one of the good people, of part of his burden. The DB side was periodically set upon my jerks and imposters with no interestat all in DB, requiring smackdowns. We were ably assisted by volunteers from the DB side.
    Some of you were hysterically funny. Over time, the sensibility level proved more than the fools could handle, to where we now can wallow undisturbed in our delicious perversity, the love of the double bass.
    That's not to say I haven't found much to disagree with; but as a Moderator, I felt obligated to exercise restraint, honoring the spirit of free expression and leaving it to the populus to work things out. And you did, nicely.
    I'll be around, posting, but not moderating. Thanks, everyone, for making my job as easy as it was.
  2. Gufenov

Jun 8, 2003
    I haven't been around long - TB or the DB, but I have no doubt your efforts were a large part of what attracted me to this site and kept me coming back. Best of luck to you, and I look forward to your "unrestrained" comments.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Best of luck to you, 'saur. I hope you won't be a stranger here. Keep us up to date on whassup with you.
  4. jimclark68

Dec 16, 2000
    Morganton, NC
    Don, thanks for all of your input to TB. I've been a supporting member since 2001, and although I tend to do more "listening" than posting due to my lack of experience, I have been a faithful reader since this time and have learned a great deal from you.
  5. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Thanks, Don, for your work and your example. Both are appreciated.
  6. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Finally we get to find out what Don really thinks!

Many thanks and best of luck, M. Rex.
  7. It was a post by Don that made me change my playing style for the considerably better. I just figured he knew what he was talking about and don't you just Don - thanks!
  8. The DB side of Talkbass is very civil, informative and entertaining.

This culture is due in large part to the efforts of sensible, restrained moderators.

Thanks and kudos to Don, and to Chris and Sam too.
  9. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Don, your efforts are much appreciated! Thanks for helping keep this board the best place for DB discussion on the 'Net (or anywhere else, for that matter).
  10. Dono, like most other people on TBDB, you helped in a big way to drag me into this very important part of my life. From your classical side to your jazz side, including sharing some very funny and informative info from your studies with the great Michael Moore!
    I'm looking forward to more of all this stuff and any more insights into the Alexander Technique!!
    Thanks Man!
  11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

I'm sorry to see you go, but glad to see the reason is that you've got so much great stuff going on. I don't envy you the moving part, though. And if you ever need help finding a home for that gorgeous Transylvanian blonde of yours, you know where to find me. :)
  12. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Yea Don , I think you did a great job here along with the others when the're on. I much rather spend my PC time here rather than the BG side. Unfortunatly, the DB is a bit slow and poorly attended as compared to the BG side. Also, I have a business that requires my input over there from time to time.
    The DB is a bit more civil and it it the 'ROOT' of all Basses...