thanks steve

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by heath_the_great, Oct 4, 2004.

1. well i know this is a bit late, 1 year late now :p , but id just like ta thanks ya steve, i played portrait of tracy for my final music exam last year, 1 of the 4 peices, and i picked up that total guitar bass special mag (oct 2003) and just looking back i noticed that you did the lesson on that, i had trouble figuring out some of the harmonics but that in total...cheers steve...

and a bit of a story as well, we have a trial before the examination, 2 weeks before so we can change stuff, and the marker we got in only marked me 2 out of twenty for that peice, while my teachers that also marked both gav me 18 and 19..we still dont know what his deal was, but i think he was trying to suck up to one of the female her 100% on all her peices, but i did end up getting 20 for the actaul exam..

note: what a stylish photo of ya in the front there :D
  2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Glad the transcription helped! And well done for getting 20, that's fantastic...

I need to back and relearn 'Portrait...' it'd be nice to drop it in in gigs occasionally....

3. i would play it at gigs here....but i dont think it'll pass well with the crowd :D .....

so....when are you and manring planning on coming down under :D ....the lack of decents bands and performers that tour down here is unbeleiveable....nothing like bass day, g3 or anything like that exists down here :crying: ..i was almost awestricken when vai came down here, and george bensons coming as well though :D
  4. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I have been thinking about how to get something happening in Aus/NZ recently - partly cos I'd just love to come there for a holiday, but if I did, it'd be a way to make it pay for itself!

I'll have to do a mooch around online and see if I can find any sympathetic promoters...

Til then, you can help out by getting lots of Australians to buy my CDs - it certainly helps to convince promoters if I'm selling a lot of albums in a certain area! :)

5. will do, anything to suck up :D

but i do know a few people that would be interested in your album and a concert, and there is a jazz club right here in newcastle and theres also another in sydney

but if you do come on holiday and cant find a promoter id be happy for a private lesson/concert in my backyard :D

id be happy ta show ya round newy, give ya the el grande tour'e..come in, make fun of the music store workers who know complete jack about most the instruments they sell...may i quote "ahh yeah, this appears to be a fender p bass, oh wait, jazz bass sorry" and so forth and so forth :D could just imagine the look on their faces when they saw the kubicki when i was testing amps..enough of my ranting
  6. oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes! You definatley need to go on a holiday to Australia! A show in Brisbane would be awsome as well.....only if you have time of course! :p
  7. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    great, it's turning into an online petition... :)

I'll see what I can do... ;)

8. oh and steve......if you do come to newcastle (hmmmmm, must get hypnotism device) you gotta let me know so we can do a duet of "the chicken" or "word of mouth".... :D :D

you know you wanna :smug: ...
    you shold hear the jaco tone comin from the kubicki..absolutelyfriggin awesome :smug: ;) :p
  9. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    ...I'd have to learn them first!

Actually, I think I did The Chicken with a student a while back, so might know that... Would have to check out Word Of Mouth...

anyway, we'll see! :D

10. ive always loved the chicken.....ever since i first saw jaco's video its just hit me, i beleive its his one main peice thats completely blew me out of the water that's really inspired me to improve myself (if that made any sense)

but ive been bad, ive downloaded "rare", "bootlegged" live recordings of the chicken, ive got somewhere around the 20 mark now :D , and each one always has a little surprise to it....

word of mouth is just incredibly hard, but im workin on it :D ...mmmmmm..fuzzzz

i love jaco :crying: