First, I want to say a big thank you to all you TBers out there! I've been away for awhile and it's great to be back. I had a problem with a new bass - Peavey G V. The B string didn't have the "Piano-like" sustain and clarity of the other strings. I went through the usual litanny of tightening the tuners, checking the nut, locking down the bridge, and still a big difference in the B. I did some searching found some very useful info: 35" scale doesn't automatically mean a tight and great B string. The Peavey Graphite neck is made of softer composite stuff than my modulus - meaning the B isn't quite up to the modulus B. Taper Core strings can really help a B string. After some experimentation and searching the archives, I found a combination that seems to work very well - only a taper core B. I've got some Ken Smith Rock Bass Lights on all but the B, where I've got a Conklin Snakeskin (D'addario SR2000 I think) taper core. It seems I've achieved a perfect balance between strings. I've got some more setup to do on this bass (the rock bass lights require quite a bit less tension than the set of snakeskins did), but I'm very pleased with the results and all the help the archives were. I think my next string change will try one of the MTD sets that has the tapercore on the B string only (I *think* it was MTD that had that setup.). Thanks again!