1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thanks to drunk ADULT FEMALE, my Genz-Benz cab died in middle of gig last night.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D Bopp, Aug 20, 2017.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

You bumped this thread to continue an argument that de-railed it in the first place. You sat on this for a whole week while making countless other posts on TB. Stop holding internet grudges, it is not healthy. Go for a walk, play some bass and get all this nonsense out of your head.

2. What does this have to do with a dead Genz-Benz cab? You're doing it again, are you that bored that you have to put comments in threads that have nothing to do with the subject? It gets tiresome after a while. If you care that much about semantics why don't you start a thread in Miscellaneous about the proper use of the terms girl, woman, female etc and see how much interest you get?

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. micbass

micbass

Jul 1, 2017
    McKinney, TX
    OK. So, a girl, a woman, and a rhinoceros are drunk in a bar. The Rhino looks over to the woman and says "What's that girl dowin here?" <couldn't help myself>

4. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    girl
    noun \ˈgər(-ə)l\
    Popularity: Top 40% of words

Definition of girl
    1. 1a : a female child from birth to adulthoodb : daughterc : a young unmarried womand sometimes offensive : a single or married woman of any age

2. 2a : sweetheartb often offensive : a female servant or employee

5. I'm sorry, but if she is your sweetheart, how is a comment like "you're my girl" ever offensive? I think she'd be offended to hear otherwise.

And I know some 90 year olds that have 90 year old "girlfriends."

bobyoung53 likes this.
  6. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I'm sorry, but do not address me as "your". I am offended.

bobyoung53 likes this.
  7. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    im still trying figure out the girl thing?

lol, joke in there somewhere

i think i started playing bass to find as many drunk girls as i could.

so somebody got their feelings hurt on the internet today?..... huge surprise
    and a TB member got banned. well just a normal day on TalkBass :)

Oddly and Joe Ty like this.
  8. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I had to come back to this thread as something I read briefly was bugging me.
    Now normally I'd let it go as it's not exactly relevant, but seeing as how the OP's apparently got his issue dealt with, and the thread has already been severely de-railed...

I've read it all and I am shocked nobody's picked up on this...

Now, I've visited a LOT of butcher's shops over the years and have yet to see one where they keep the sausages on the floor.

Surely this is a far bigger issue to discuss?

9. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    Maybe she didnt know she blew his speaker by stepping on his pedal.

Be horrible if she blew his sausage too. gosh watch where your walking
    stuff laying around all over here. Cant just go stomping around like bigfoot.

10. MR PC

MR PC Inactive

Dec 1, 2007
    All bets are off when you invite drunken "Civilians" up to the stage and give them mic time. regardless of gender. You want to be a loser, it's your nickels my friend. All respect of course, but in the end, all the responsibility for damaged gear is at your end of the table. I think you've demonstrated that quite clearly...:)

11. BogeyBass

BogeyBass Inactive

Sep 14, 2010
    im offended by the word " civilians" lol

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    LOL. @trey le parc hates being called a civilian, especially a "slimy civilian." (It's an old Marine Corps term.)

13. True fact.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021