1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thanks to drunk ADULT FEMALE, my Genz-Benz cab died in middle of gig last night.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D Bopp, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    This sucks. Can't blame the girl though, she just didn't know any better.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Rabidhamster likes this.
  2. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Are we seriously still on that one? If someone used an adjective for me that indicated youth I'd buy them a drink. And some glasses.

3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    IMHO, "Girl" is fine. It's used like "dude" or "guy". Lady and Woman are usually used for much older females and chick is a bit derogatory for general use. "Boy", the equivalent for guys isn't used because of the derogatory "boy" when the sheriff pulls over a black guy in a small town.

4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Sounds like you have my kind of luck & she put her foot in just the right place.

In my case, if there were 24 buttons with infinite combinations, she'd have pressed the correct 3, in the right order, to blow my rig up.

5. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Many years ago I played a local bar deep in the farming region of this county. Very appreciative locals, especially the farmer's wife who decided to walk into the band area and give me a big wet kiss at the end of the gig. Which would have been ok if slightly embarrassing had she not walked straight across my pedalboard to get to me, oblivious of the damage. Sigh...

6. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Ridiculous idea.

Ant Illington likes this.
  7. Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Note to the OP: Please change the title of your thread. You damaged gear has nothing to do with a bar patron, or a drunk patron, or a woman for that matter. Chalk it up to life. These things just happen. But in the end, you, and you alone are responsible for your gear. Just showing up exposes you to risk even when everyone has the best of intentions.

If you can't trust yourself or humanity, there's always this:

The-Blues-Brothers-bilde-41.jpg

8. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Agreed it is a stretch. But my thinking was that it was A) an accident, which is what insurance is for, b) not user error, and c) happened on a job.

But I can see how someone may think it is stupid to try and save money, I guess.

KJMO and Steve-Mo like this.
  9. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    boy is the equivalent of girl.

dude = chick
    lady = gentleman
    guy = gal

bobyoung53, Stevorebob, 40Hz and 5 others like this.
  10. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

Dec 16, 2013
    Texas
    So far as hitting the right buttons goes - in 1986 I was teaching in a residential facility for emotionally disturbed youth. I had just gotten a new computer in the classroom, an Apple IIGS. It had a new graphics program which was on one of the old 4.5" floppies. The bell rang, the next class filed in and one kid pealed off and started punching the keyboard. I stopped him immediately, but he had destroyed the program with just a few keystrokes. I dont know how he did it, I couldn't have done it. He had no idea, just blind dumb luck. Just like your setup.

covermego and ficelles like this.
  11. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    The venue is not going to file a claim against your gear. If they want their rates to go up, they will file a claim against something that happened to *their* gear.

12. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    gal is more southern, maybe. I don't hear anyone using it. Women go around talking about their girlfriends.

13. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014

14. Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I
    I would surmise that most musicians doing bar gigs do not have damage coverage on their gear. Probably few can even afford theft coverage for that matter. While I was a traveling commercial photographer, I had insurance on my gear that would cover theft, accidental damage even by a customer/client, etc. With a $500 deductible. But my agent informed me that making a claim would result in a rate increase of at least 20% for at least three years, so I should be careful what I make a claim for. And no venue owner would even consider taking responsibility for something like this. I'd be more worried that the bar patron could come back claiming a stubbed toe or chipped toenail and sue ME. I'm just being practical and realistic here.

basscooker likes this.
  15. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    southern? well, i'm in southern california :D

people don't say gal much anymore - it was more used a few decades ago.

16. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I use gal all the time, especially if I'm talking about a "gal pal", who is a friend, but not a "girlfriend".
    Although, I'm not averse to the friends with benefits paradigm & in the Land of Smiles they even have a term for it, Gik.

17. Ouch! I had to deal with a clueless sound guy last night, but you had a truly rough night!

18. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    A bipedal mammal of appropriate maturity to be present at the aforementioned establishment, gender being irrelevant, engaged in behavior which had unintended, and unfortunate, consequences, resulting in the necessity to repair or replace various components of the amplification system in question.

smcgov, bobyoung53, revroy and 22 others like this.
  19. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    Might want to get a matching cab to run with that head in the future.

20. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Personally I'd prefer "human of ostensibly male gender but ambivalent appearance depending on mood and available wardrobe".

bmdfla48, 40Hz, Duder and 3 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021