1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Thanks to drunk ADULT FEMALE, my Genz-Benz cab died in middle of gig last night.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D Bopp, Aug 20, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    or we could shorten it to HOOMGBAADPOMAAW :D

40Hz, Duder, ficelles and 4 others like this.
  2. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    For me that acronym will forever be associated with Tim Rice in the Rocky Horror Show. Not that I dress like that. Not even on stage.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  3. Forget about the term Girl or Woman or whatever.

Two Genz-Benz 12inch speakers just died.

giphy.gif

4. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    Excuse me sir, as a non native english speaker, I simply must ask: What is an AA member? Anti-Aircraft member?

btmpancake and Old Blastard like this.
  5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    And the OP's problem is why a brick wall limiter is in the rack that powers speakers here, especially the ACME B2's(QSC 2402 feeds 4 ohm ACME's...700+RMS into 350RMS cab).

6. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    ????WTH

Dominic DeCosa likes this.
  7. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Automobile Association?

Old Blastard likes this.
  8. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    Alcoholics Anonymous

Wisebass, bobyoung53 and 40Hz like this.
  9. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    Thank you very much both to ficelles and Inara for an explanation :)

40Hz likes this.
  10. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    The guitarist in my old band used to have a backup pedalboard that he used for bar/pub gigs where there could be a chance of damage. And he'd lay a piece of clear plastic over the top just to be safe. He saved his good one with the nice pedals for church and corporate gigs.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the gender of the drunk patron has to do with any of it.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    At first, I was going to say, "Wow, what a bunch of hoo-ha over nothing. Girls, boys, whatever." And then I thought about how some people I work with like to refer to us in the band as "Boys," and how irritated I get. And then I thought how I hate being called "Men" worse. Anyway, what was I saying?

12. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Hmmm.... i collect those cheap Ibanez Tone Lok pedals that have the knobs that push into the pedals itself, so you cant accidentally change the settings.

Ive always been paranoid about pedal EQ sliders being vulnerable to damage......this takes it to a different level though, sheesh!

Duder, Meyatch and Killed_by_Death like this.
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    So you invite a drunk on stage and then blame her for damaging your gear. Sounds like you're just as responsible as she is. She wouldn't have been up there if you hadn't asked her to join you. People who are not in bands have no idea of where they should and shouldn't step. As a musician, you know where your pedals are in relation to mic stand, other band members and so on. It's unrealistic to expect someone who has probably never been on stage to know where everything is. This is why I never allow anybody from the audience on stage.

JohnDeereJack, elgecko and Ampslut like this.
  14. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I wasn't blaming her. I was explaining what happened. And read my reply on the first page where I mention that I blame myself.

Edit: OK, my title insinuates I was blaming her, but I completely understand that I'm mostly at fault.

mikew31 likes this.
  15. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    I only use one pedal (bass driver programmable DI) and it sits on top of my amp head. The only people I ever invite on stage are musician friends I invite to sit in. Inviting an unknown intoxicated person is just asking for trouble.

16. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    I blame the Roland Corporation. I mean, +15dB?

17. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    Well yes your theory is of course correct and valid but in any case - who in their right mind steps over stuff anyways? I mean, do you also go to the butcher shop and start walking over the sausages? As stupid as this comparison is, it only points out the obvious. You step where it is free to step. Not over people, not over pedals, not over sausages.

Edit: In my book, people are mostly ignorant and don't care about things that aren't in their possession. They honestly don't give a damn if they damage your cab or not or anything in that regard. Just a few days ago, a tourist woman crashed into my 1978 USA fender Pbass while I was performing and landed directly on my jack input with her butt (of course, the cable was plugged in at the time). All she quickly said was "sorry", in a half absent way, while I was feeling like... "Do you, ignorant little woman, even realize how non expendable an almost 40 year old piece of hardware really is??" Of course she rather crashed into my gear (consequently into me while performing), in order to avoid an empty restaurant chair. Jesus Christoph.

Thank the gods above, my jack output was and still is ok.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  18. madbass6

madbass6 Inactive

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    sorry dude , but what you should of done was wave her of the stage not call her towards you or stage equipment ! so in my opinion its your fault your amp died on you not hers.. :( that popular song you where playing wouldn't be mustang sally would it ? lol.

Ampslut likes this.
  19. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    Lol bassists are so socially inept.

I hope OP was playing this at the time:

bobyoung53, Duder and friskinator like this.
  20. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    If only I were that good....

Is this really the argument going on over 3 full pages?
    #firstworldproblems

That is honestly the first time I've ever hash tagged something...

bobyoung53 and covermego like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021