Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks to Everyone who partcipated!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, May 11, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Me again. I just wanted to thank all of you who gave me ideas for a band name for my new group.

We are now known as Sonic Prophet and got our band name and domain name registered so we're official!! :hyper: We have lead guitar, drums, and sax (looking for keys and/or vox) in addition to me on bass. We'll be playing stuff from groups like Cameo, Parliament, Joe Public, Clapton, Santana, Hendrix, and Weather Report, even some instrumental gospel (the bangin' kind...no hymms), just to name a few.

Our first live gig will be on May 28th at Jazzy Willie's here in Des Moines (I sent back my Avatar 410 so I won't have my beloved Groove Bass 1200 for this one :bawl: ) We've also signed on for an outdoor gig (top 40 covers) and a wedding reception (jazz, blues) in June, so things are looking up big time (without any marketing, I might add) :smug:

Special props to QORC for his info on band management and websites (www.furiousgeorge.com... what an amazing site!) and to my Kustom kindred for "forcing" me to step up into a professional rig (ya'll know who you be).

Thanks again to my fellow TB' ers...wish us luck!! : :hyper:

2. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hmmm......not exactly the response I thought would happen. :confused:

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Were you the "Little Big Band"? hehe

4. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ha!!! I remember your comment, Juneau!

No, we will be known as Sonic Prophet.

This'll be my first gig situation outside of church so I'm pretty pumped!

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Right on man, glad ya found a name you liked. Good luck in your new venture!

6. Well done, mate, and good luck with the band.

Sounds like its a bit exciting for you, and thats what this s**t is all about.

Keep us informed how your band goes!

7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey Southpaw!!!

Thanks, man...good to hear from ya!