Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks to everyone.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jeremy_X, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    I'd just like to take this moment to say thank you to everyone who routinely posts on TB. You all give me something to look forward to at the end of the day; well this and emails from my fiance. Sad, maybe, but thanks all the same.

Yes I know this has been done before but I want to do it again on my own. :spit: ;) :D

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    greetings from the west side of washington bro.....

-Mike

3. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    How close to Seattle are you? Sorry; that is the only reference point us "desert dwellers" have.

Kennewick, a dust bowl and a bass wasteland all in one! Also the meth capital of the US! Visit us and never be the same!;)
    :rolleyes: :D :meh:

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey a WA state thread, cool. I know you didn't ask me - but MJ5150 is in Lacey , so he's probably about 50 miles south of Seattle - about 1 hour and 20 minutes south of Seattle (in AM commute traffic) ...I know this because I am now living in Grand Mound (small town about 20 minutes South of Olympia, almost to Centralia) - So I'm commuting 1 hour and 40 minutes to Seattle for work :bawl: Oh well, I was living in North Bend before, which is practically Eastern Washington :p ...that North Bend commute was an hour and the extra 40 minutes I'm doing now allows me a much better living situation, so: :bassist: ...and then I spend a lot of my spare time (when I have it) playing music, fishing, or hanging out with friends in Aberdeen and the surrounding areas. That's why only put Western Washington as my location - I do spend most of my time in Lewis, Thurston, Pierce, King, Grays Harbor, and Mason counties. ...So how far is Kennewick, maybe I'll swing by and say hi ;)

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You Kennewick guys need to get out more....Western Washington is alot more than Seattle :)

Yeah, on a Monday morning, it is an hour and half almost to downtown Seattle. Midday I can make it in 50 minutes.

My sister-in-law and her husband are moving to Yakima in a month. I hear I can get a good deal on some meth, and a burrito, in Yakima! :eek:

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I feel I need to post in this thread.

Jeremy, long time, no see. How are you doing?

7. I'm not from WA , kinda wish I was rather then where I am now.

*Wigger voice*

New Jersey rep-re-sent !

:)

8. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    Matthew- Kennewick is roughly 3.5 hours away from Seattle in the summer. In the winter with the passes the way they can get, who knows. We don't know to much about snow and that sort of thing in this sandbox.;)

MJ5150- There's more than Seattle over there?:confused:
    Yakima, I'm told, is the Las Vegas of Western Washington. I've been there and I don't get the statement myself. I was just passing through so that could be why. Yes meth is especially cheap here. They issue every resident a lab after six months. Cuts down on all the late night traffic .As far as burrito's go, this is Washington, where else would you expect to find good Mexican food? Mexico?:D

Aaron- I've been around, mostly lurking because I've been busy working. I'll be sending in some money to Paul soon so I can get back into the chat room etc.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yeah, i could drive for a couple days to get a burrito in Mexico, but i hear that Yakima is actually Northern Mexico now....and that is only a three hour drive!

-Mike