Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thanks to talkbass i found a band name.. Paradox

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Well[,] as some know had a band called [The Foxy Grandpas]. I was looking for a different name, [which] I found [thanks] to talkbass ...

PARADOX

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/paradoxband

Its not [] really what was playing [before, as] all my new stuff sounds different[.] [T]he lyrics are somewhat different [in that] they are serious. [Some of them] ad[d]ress the same things[.] The m[usi]c itself is better.

The vocals []are [- hmm -] well [...] barbershop [melodies], powerchords and fingerpicking, acoustic guitars once and a while, modulated guitars, basic overdriven [M]arshalls, jazz[-like] bass lines, =D , technical drumming. [That is] the sound of Paradox.

I kinda figured [that] I don[']t want people to say my music is "punk or emo" or whatever those kids are listening to today. It[']s just rock n roll with alot of jazzy roots to it.

I[']ve been in the studio lately. [T]hat[']s why haven't been on [T]alkbass. [I have] recorded 5 songs so far. t sounds polished! [I']m using a different recorder [and] equipment, [d]escent mics with pop filters for vocals [- I']m laying down the vocals beginning in January.

The first album will be released sometime around late [M]ay. t will be called "[A]nother [W]ay to [P]romote diots."

f you read all of this[,] then thank you very much[.]
    nick

Everything in blue was edited by Jazzbo. Sorry Nick, all the typos were making it hard to read, hopefully this is better! :) Good luck with the band and the recording!)

2. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    congrats on the name. hehe, it's kind of weird, a little band at my school is called paradox, and the bassist's name is also nick:) .

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well.......okay..
    theres 2 slayers.. SLAYER~!!!! *laugh*
    that is kinda weird..
    im actually prolly getting a full band this sumemr and im gonna take over singing and bass..
    or maybe guitar im not sure.. whichever one im more confertable with(guitar is easier)

hmm well thanks for that info superduck....but oh well.. ill continue.. i thought i was original..
    anyway. oh well

superduck.. you look like micheal j fox........

YOU HAVE A 80S HAIR CUT!.. THATS HARCORE!

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    T'aint nothing original no more. "There's nothing new under the sun", and all that. None of those bands seemed particularly big anyways, so you do whatchoo gotta do. You already made the website anyway.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I really think you should call yourself "Screaming Anus"... why? Because It's Brilliant...

There is more than one Incubus.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin

Probably because that's a picture of Michael J. Fox... ;) Read all about it here.

7. Hey! Hey!
    Did you get the name from my Paradox thread? Did you?
    ohhhh! Please tell me! I'll die!
    I feel so important.

Ok, I'll stop the annoying post...........now.:D

8. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    How about 'pair o dogs'

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    "Pair of Ducks" sounds way better than Paradox.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    My band during High School was called Paradox :rolleyes:

we sucked pretty bad

11. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    wow.. terry.. take some riddlin bro.. hehe just jokin..
    yeah man I actually got that from your thread.. hehe i read it and thought it sounded really really cool!.. so i was like.. ahhh paradox.. you or someone said a paradox is something thats difficult or impossible to figure out..
    There is sooooooo much labeling nowadays on whats "punk" or "emo" or "hardcore ska"... It kinda sucks.
    Paradox isn't really any of that. Its rock n roll. And its gonna be hard or impossible for someone to figure out what kind of music Paradox is.

I mean im doing weird stuff with this. Really Experamental. Its not the greatest or the most coolest but it makes me happy!

Jazzbo, Im sorry i cant spell =/ thank you so much for doing that. Im sorry you had too though. Ill try to be much careful next time.

12. Heeehee! I take Adorol. :D