Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Thanks To The Forum (Ashdown Rave)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blujax01, Dec 13, 2005.

1. blujax01

blujax01

Nov 16, 2005
    For helping me make my amp choice.

As a new bass player, I wanted to get a decent amp but didn't want to incur the National Debt in doing so. I first determined I needed a combo amp, then that it had to have a 15" speaker. After that, it was a matter of how much power I could afford. I thought about Crate, Fender, Roland and others. After much research here and scouring the music stores, I decided on the Ashdown MAG300 combo (C115-300). It is the bee's knees!

I did read about a time frame wherein units marked "Made In England" were actually made in China before they got new nameplates made up. I have contacted Ashdown to verify by my serial number if mine was indeed made in the U.K. (need a prayer thingie here...)

I got a hell of a deal from Huber & Breese in Detroit. I make it a habit to support the locals no matter where I am or what I am buying. I was in D-Town on business and had purchased mucho drum gear from these guys. It only followed I would approach them for bass gear as well.

$400 out the door :hyper:

Go see "Rage" and tell him Alan from C-Bus sent you!

WHOOMP!