Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

thanksgiving, an american classic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by the Qintar, Nov 21, 2004.

1. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    USA
    im pretty excited about thanksgiving this year, me and my girl are goin to plymouth mass. to honor this american classic. were both going to perform in a small play hosted by a theatre group in plymouth. ill be playing the role of "miles standish", and shell be the infamous "pocohontas". after the performance im going to make sweet love to her in my pilgrim outfit. incredible.

2. I think a new fetish is born.....

"Turkey Play" :D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You rule Qintar. :bassist:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm going to be all alone for Thanksgiving this year. I guess I'll just practice or something. In my pilgrim outfit!

5. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    My pilgrim outfit is still at the dry cleaners.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Hmm...I've never spanked anyone that was wearing a pilgrim outfit...

brad cook

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds like an invitation to me Benjamin!!! Have fun in Texas, and please no pictures.... ;)

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm....in your play, was the Virginia-based Pocahontas visiting relatives in Massachusetts at Thanksgiving time or something? :D

9. Mankind

Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    England
    Can someone inform me what "Thanksgiving" is a celebration for? Being a Brit i have no idea what this is for :S (apologies for my lack of knowledge). To not make me feel so stupid, heres a fact; the average male/female could swim through a whales artery. FACT.

*Taxi!*

10. If you're starved for company you can always go to those homeless shelter thanksgiving events. Just dress the part and you're gold.

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Will they take me if I'm in a pilgrim outfit?

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It celebrates leaving England :D

In the early-mid-17th century, a group of Puritans left England and eventually made their way to Massachusetts (via Holland). There they befriended the native americans, who taught them how to cultivate the soil, plant corn etc. Then they had a big feast with the native americans because they had lots of food.

Then everyone was giving a complimentary blanket.

13. I'll be eatting the scalps of 34 white men.

14. You might get locked up. :p

Careful, careful.

Mike :D

15. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm get em sqau in wigwom so she can polish
    totem pole. :D

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Me too Ben.

Here's a couple tips for you if you're all alone for Thanksgiving, Ben. Many (most) single women are upset about being alone for the holidays and many become determined to snare a man before Christmas. The night before Thanksgiving is always packed at any singles bar type place and the women are as easy as they ever get. It's like the super bowl of trolling for women.
    Also, 1 Swanson's Hungry Man turkey dinner + 1 turkey pot pie + 1 store bought pumpkin pie + a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer = Thanksgiving feast fit for a lone bachelor king!
    Good God, could my life really be this sad…

Qintar - Your Thanksgiving plans sound awesome! Have a good time.

17. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Great advice there, man! I'll go trolling the local bars then, and get my mack on. (people still say "mack", no?)

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Maybe you should just stay home after all.

brad cook

19. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Poop.