thankyou guys.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I'm really thankful for all the guys here in the setup forum who helped me out setup my bass. It still has a little fretbuzz for when i lift my fingers off the frets but other than that my piece of crap is playing very nicely.

Youguys openedmy eyes to such things ass intonation, trusrod adjustments, and action.

Now I can setup my bass by myself instead of dishing out 25 bucks for someone else to do it.

drinks all around.
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Setup forum is one of our most valuable assets. I have been playing for over 25 years, but until about 2 years ago, didn't know how to do a decent setup, solder, do minor repairs, or anything.

Thanks to the wonderful guys that hang out here(and used to, like Pkr2:() Hambone, Chasarms, Joshua, and more, I have all of my basses set up better than ever before, and I have done some repairs such as replacing input jacks, dressing frets, and more.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I don't know why... but... every time I hear the term "dressing frets", I picture someone pouring ranch dressing on a fretboard... :confused: In any case though, TB is THE place to go. Ever since I joined here I've learned a ton about the instrument itself and playing. And every day you learn something new too, it rocks. You just get a lot of GAS from being here :bag:.

4. And THIS is why we have the setup forum :rolleyes: Everyone knows it's ITALIAN that you use on fretboards so they won't dry out. The Ranch just makes them sticky! :scowl:

now where did I put my jar of capers?...
  5. Mmmmmm........IPA........I'm a Stone Ruination man myself. Off-topic perhaps, but when something like IPA comes up in a non-beer related forum, I have to speak up.