Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

That Dodge Sikkel

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rickbass, Feb 19, 2003.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Proof that psychotics inhabit the boardrooms of large corporations......

Dodge says they'll make a decision in a few months on whether to go ahead and build a few hundred 500 hp, V-10, Tomahawk motorcycles.

I don't think I'd have the nads to get on one --- 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 300 mph. It's basically a Dodge Viper engine on a motorcycle. 4 wheels are needed to handle the engine power.

[​IMG]

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :rolleyes: only in America!

I understand Thrill Seeking, but that is just simply the most idiotic contraption I've ever seen.

I'll bet they'd sell well

3. rickbass

Speddling - I was thinking more along the lines of "death wish."

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    LOL How could they produce and sell them? How could they be used safely and legally?

5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Whats the pricetag gonna be like?

I can buy a 4 wheel engine stand from Harbor Freight for $79, all I need to do is weld on a seat and away I go.:D

6. rickbass

allpar.com says the price is projected at $250 grand. They also say they think it will go into production because the "bike" generated so much interest at last month's Detroit Auto Show.

For the masses, such as I, a 590 hp car with a 427 was shown by Ford. The designer refers to it as the "badass family car of the future." Bets are it will go into production, too.

7. I've seen that in some other car mag and even though it is an incredibly stupid concept, the enginering is absolutely stunning! the suspension and braking system alone make me drool let alone it has a 500hp v-10 in the middle of it.

And even if i had the money for such a beast i don't think i'd have the brass to ride it;) :D

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    So not only do you have to want to have your face to be ripped off, you have to be rich and want to have your face ripped off. Hmm... maybe Evil Kenevil Jr. (sp?) will use one of these to jump over Montana.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    World's most expensive Nad remover

10. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I'd be interested how they'd make the thing run for any length of time. It's a water-cooled engine and I can't see where the radiator would go. It's one thing to idle around an auto show and create a photo-op, it's another thing to drive in the real world.

11. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I know a guy locally who has a 327 powered trike. And I thought that was ridiculous!

12. rickbass

Hey! You already have the Mesa 400+. This is just a logical extension of that killer amp, in my mind.

They say the "theoretical top speed" is 400 mph. I have no idea of what that means. Maybe tufnuts who works at Big Dog bikes would.

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It means that the engine can go up to 400mph, but anyone who's tried to actually drive it that fast became a smear on the road before they reached it. No one's lived long enough to prove it goes to 400. ;)

14. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    funny. I ordered a Ducati Monster 800 on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago someone walked into my office and told me to cancel my bike order they just found the bike for me and then showed me a picture of that beast.

I wouldn't ride that thing if someone paid me !r:eek:

15. rickbass

Well, Bryan, would you please let us know what was like when when you went from Cincinnati to Dallas in 2 hours??? :D

With what's going on at airports, this thing is beginning to make sense to me now!!!

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sure. It was great; the flight attendant gave me extra peanuts :D

17. rickbass

Aw c'mon......do it!!! Police helicopters can't even find this thing!

18. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That bike is lame. If they put that engine on a unicycle though....

19. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000

Or a hippity-hop...