1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

That elusive tone nirvana (not the band)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I recently got my hands on an Eden WT-550. Sounds great! Played it with my Rickenbacker, sounds great! THEN..... I tried playing with our churches "cheap" Ibanez GSR200 4 string. It was quite a bit brighter than my ric (which I thought was perfect before today???!!!), I played the Ibanez with the band and was pleasantly suprised how much better I could hear myself on stage. The sound guy was happier too! it was like the "width" or range of harmonic frequencies was wider than the ric and it made it easier to pick my bass out of all the other noise, but not overlapping too much of the other instruments.

I guess this is some kind of rhetorical post, but I thought I was SO CLOSE!!! now I'm more steps away from what I think I need. I guess that happens with almost any other piece of gear. You think it may be the last "amp" or last "bass" you'll ever need then something changes in your head!!!

I guess this time really suprised me because I thought I so carefully investigated Eden and thought I was thoroughly in love with my ric and aguilars (my feeling there haven't changed!)

I'm going to try and mod my ric to get a brighter sound, but not sure how easy that will be to get something I can love with the band and solo :rollno:

2. That elusive tone nirvana (not the band)

NOPE - not possible, not attainable.
    And you said it yourself too, soon as you get a nice tone, you look for something else. I'd bet that could be said of at least 90% of TBer's!:meh:

Kinda reminds me of a Terrier chasing its tail..........